Options Book?

Discussion in 'Options' started by canyonman00, Apr 23, 2003.

1. just21

just21

Who are the scamers, the buyers or sellers?

#11     Apr 23, 2003
  2. what books do you now have in your "personal library" that you either read or consulted over the prior ten years in trading options?!

Waste of time to ask for suggestions that might prove redundant.

Ice:cool:

#12     Apr 23, 2003
  3. As options go, I don't have any. I learned options the hard way. Then I just never went back to reading any doco. I live just minutes away from the CBOE and I have a lot of friends there. So trading options, it just sorta' happened.

Well, today someone was browsing my library and said, "You don't have any books on options." I thought for a minute and remembered that I have been saying for years that I was going to get some. Just never did. Well, now is as good a time as any. I have some recommendations from the guys at CBOE, just was looking for some more. :)

#13     Apr 23, 2003
  4. cvds16

cvds16

It all depends a little bit what you want out of these books: Sheldon Natenberg is a classic. For more advanced stuff you might also have a look at Taleb: Dynamic hedging: managing vanilla and exotic options.
    By the way, what did the guys on the floor advice you.

#14     Apr 24, 2003
  5. cvds16

cvds16

Forgot this one by Allen Jan Baird: Option Market making

#15     Apr 24, 2003
  6. #16     Apr 24, 2003
  7. def

def Sponsor

I'd recommend Natenburg as well. Can't go wrong with McMillan either. Another on to look at is by John Hull.

#17     Apr 24, 2003
  8. Go to the CBOE's website. Good free stuff.

#18     Apr 24, 2003
  9. Quiet1

Quiet1

i like Taleb's book 'Dynamic Hedging' - its relatively "basic" in parts - just hidden behind a veneer of sophistication - but a worthwhile read for me anyway.

#19     Apr 24, 2003
  10. #20     Apr 24, 2003