Options are only good for two things...

Discussion in 'Options' started by RangeTrader, Jun 17, 2012.

1. ocean5

ocean5

haha...why are you so angry?how is your liver?

#11     Jun 18, 2012
  2. TskTsk

TskTsk

If you were as smart as you claim, learning options should take minimal time. Derivatives like options also offer 1000x more flexibility than stocks and forex. There you either go long and short, that's it. With options you can trade delta, vega (vola), gamma, theta (time), +higher order greeks and pretty much a thousand different combinations of things. In addition you get much better leverage. Seriously, after I went over to trading options I havent looked back, the opportunities there are pretty much endless. IMO every serious trader should look into it.

#12     Jun 18, 2012
  3. I'm pretty sure this isn't a "real" thread and this dude is just looking for attention. But if it is real I'm pretty sure I recognize you. You're the dimwit I take money from every day. PLEASE keep trading futures

#13     Jun 28, 2012
  4. ==========
    Some have used them like selling insurance:cool:
    Others have used them as form of ''justice'' Like to put it simple;
    puts against some of the big banks full of derivatives like MS,C, JPM,BAC....

But you need to have a pretty good uptrend or downtrend for buying options to work.MS,BAC, C, JPM have been good for puts in the past, but its wise not to predict.

:cool:

#14     Jun 28, 2012
  5. hft_boy

hft_boy

Same with all securities, no? :D

#15     Jun 28, 2012
  6. so?!

however if that is true then you must be cleaning up in the market since you obviously believe intelligence has everything to do with trading success. I know guys with high school degrees who made millions.

#16     Jul 2, 2012
  7. He is in the 99th percentile and uses moving averages to read the tape...specifically the 116 period moving average.

#17     Jul 2, 2012
  8. The 116 is the best on Vol/Tick charts... If you want a holy grail SMA for tape reading try the 233 on the 1m SPX cash market.

The 116 is also great on all 15m and 1h all hours ES charts.

I was doing some analysis with my cyclic indicator and discovered the 10 and 20 SMA give me a better short term read on the market on daily and higher charts. With the way I trade most of the time... For positioning for months or years the 116 would be the best SMA for tape reading.

Know what has me confused this week... I expected us to finally run into a little selling this Tuesday(Tomorrow) late session... But, it's a half day... So I'm not sure if it counts or not...

Whatever, doesn't matter... There won't be a good high odds swing short setup without another three rally cycle stacked on top of this one anyway. With or without a consolidation...

We shall just have to see how she sets up. If the trade is missed, she is missed... Oh well!

#18     Jul 2, 2012
  9. Hmmm... You happen to hang out in TDA chats when I use to make 90% accuracy market calls for weeks?

I use to go under "Capitalist" and "Reppin" I think...

Chatrooms got way to distracting and effected my trading. With a forum I can just come entertain myself when I'm bored.

#19     Jul 2, 2012
  10. Lol!

#20     Jul 2, 2012