Options analitics on futures contracts

Discussion in 'Options' started by Optionpro007, Aug 23, 2005.

1. I don't think it makes sense for the marginal player to spend an additional $600+/month to get an accurate fig on IV. Most don't know how to value under p/c parity. I think most are better served running TA on a vol-chart than running analytics they don't understand.

#11     Aug 24, 2005
  2. TGM

TGM

I used Tradestation for over a year. I took them off my desk. They kept saying I would be able to use OptionStation for treasury options---after a year of them promising this ---I got pissed and left. Before you sign up or move money to them---make sure OPtionstation/Tradestation ALREADY has the capabilities you are looking for.

They also said they were adding Eurex any day. They still do not have Eurex direct trading on their platform. Imagine that ---you are an ALL electronic trading company with No Eurex ---only the largest futures exchange on earth.

For the most optionstaton had promise and worked ok---I just could not use it for anything.

Just a word of warning on Tradestation.

http://www.optionstar.com/indexnew.htm

I know someone that swears by this software addon for excel. I don't know if they have a futures feed yet. They may have hooked this up to the IB feed. Email them. It has delayed futures data.

#12     Aug 24, 2005
  3. I reco'd Optionstar yesterday to Mahras. It's a excellent value and comes with a free delayed feed.

#13     Aug 24, 2005
  4. It's an excellent app, but you're a slave to the OpVue feed/database BS. Buy the 30d trial for $50 to trial it.

#14     Aug 24, 2005
  5. TGM

TGM

If I recall the futurs feed was end of day. Did they upgrade that to delayed??

#15     Aug 24, 2005
  6. Ahh, stock feed is delayed and futures are EOD. Thanks.

#16     Aug 24, 2005
  7. TGM

TGM

I believe that I emailed them and told them to hook it up to Ib for futures. I never heard back

#17     Aug 24, 2005
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Actually you can import data/feed from anywhere you want. So there are no data issues. Most option apps now days allow you to import data from outside sources.

#18     Aug 24, 2005
  9. Thank you everybody for your input.

It's a pleasure to hear the professionals....

So, to close. Optionstar is the way to go for analitics on futures contracts, is that correct ? Is $ 299.00 a one time fee or yearly fee ?

Does anybody know if they cover ALL futures contracts ??(included pit traded)

(As a side note: I position trade long options which are DITM as to minimize as much as possible time` erosion. I don't use greeks or need to use them (I believe and hope and pray to God that I will not need to) since all I care about is time value and how ittle I can pay for it.)

Systems which have been discussed are problably more directed for options strategies which include buyng and selling options.

I wonder if somebody is going to say I am crazy for not taking Vol and greeks into account in my trading strategy....:eek:

#19     Aug 24, 2005
  10. TGM

TGM

email optionstar about futures and get back to us. You have to have Excel to use it. I do not know about the futures data link. It says end of day. Dont know much else. Contact them.

#20     Aug 24, 2005