Option's Advisors, Any Experiences?

Discussion in 'Options' started by rrisch, Sep 9, 2003.

1. No, his "Options as a Stategic Investment" is very good and, in my opinion, required reading for anyone considering playing with options. Just remember, however, that those who can, do and those who can't, teach.

#11     Sep 17, 2003
  2. vega

vega

The book is great, I was speaking of a daily recommendation sheet that he used to (may still) send out to subscribers. I was merely commenting on daily recommendation sheets in genereal, and I supposed the McMillan example was bad (cuz he is probably one of the more respectable people in the field), but it was still 50/50 on his recommendations. I think this thread was originally started regarding those annoying spam e-mails claiming 400% in one month and the like. Like I said, McMillan is pretty respectable, but I would be very sceptical of any kind of "advisory" type newsletters, see the thread about Analyst Upgrades/Downgrades to get a bigger picture on the whole pump and dump thing.

Vega:D

#12     Sep 18, 2003
  3. rrisch

rrisch

Vega, in which area was that thread posted? It doesn't seem to be a recent Options thread.

I've had luck recently with newsletters that recommend small cap stocks, some of which are optionable. They are much cheaper than the options advisors letters. Of course it is up to ones skill in options to devise an appropriate bullish spread for a recommendation.

#13     Sep 18, 2003
  4. vega

vega

You have to go to I think the second or third page of old threads as there has not been any new posts in a few days. Again, you can't lump every letter/service into this category, but I'd be willing to be that for every 1 good one there are 100s that are pure crap.

Vega:D

#14     Sep 18, 2003