Optionetics

Discussion in 'Options' started by mauzj, Mar 20, 2003.

1. IMHO I have never seen a reason to pay for an option course. The theory, strategies, and techniques are all available at a very reasonable cost through larger libraries/loan programs, books at Amazon or B&N, and free on the Web. There are plenty of free tutorials and info like this one at the CBOE:

http://www.cboe.com/LearnCenter/

And boards like ET and, believe it or not, these YHOO boards:

http://messages.yahoo.com/bbs?action=topics&board=4686677&sid=4686677&type=r

The YHOO board is usually pretty good and has some traders with 20+ years experience that are very helpful.

#41     Mar 26, 2003

2. NO!

are you for real dude? or are you just having a bit of fun here?

if the former, haven't you yet realized that anytime someone sells something using the magic words like, "secrets of" "wealth" "freedom" "master.." "incredible" "in your spare time" etc that it is 99.99% likely to be a complete load of BS???

here are some more to watch out for:

-- the author/vendor/presenter's bio uses phrases like "the leading expert in..." or "the number one guru in ..." or "the most sought after..."

-- they have pictures of themselves hanging out at limos, yachts, mansions, exec jets,

-- they never speak of any mistakes they've made or very real dangers and pitfalls... it's all positive hype (to the max)..

-- glowing testimonials... man, can't believe anyone takes these seriously..

#42     Mar 27, 2003
  3. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

Somehow I have a feeling some of you just do not think going to a live training is good, no matter how good the training is.

Sometimes freebies & books are just not enough, I will pay $$$ if it shortens my learning curve. It is part of the business expense. Yes, I do learning from Internet & books also.

#43     Mar 27, 2003
  4. Sure, paying for live training can be worth it. A lot of it depends on how much money you're willing to spend. But I believe Optionetics is misleading, over priced and unethical. Yet they do teach something.

#44     Mar 27, 2003
  5. If you are willing to pay $$$ to shorten the learning curve, then post an ad in the Classifieds forum. For half the money you could get a personal tutor who would teach you much more than the 'basic' and 'advanced' courses!

My only regret is that I didn't read a thread like this one before I paid several $K for training! The more I read, the more I realize how naive I was! :mad:

Cheer,

kp

#45     Mar 27, 2003
  6. Trajan

Trajan

The problem is that it won't shorten your learning curve. You can't get a good understanding of this stuff in two or three days.

#46     Mar 28, 2003
  7. I'm sorry but I have been a pretty big critic of Optionetics here but your statement is wrong. It WILL shorten someone's learning curve. It's just a very expensive way to do it and whoever attends is exposed to even more sales pitches for even more products for even more misleading products.

But someone who does not know much about options will learn about them at one of Optionetic's courses.

#47     Mar 28, 2003
  8. zxcv1fu

zxcv1fu

"someone who does not know much about options will learn about them at one of Optionetic's courses"

That's how I fell about the Optionetic's courses! Different training is good for different traders. The value/$ depends on your need.

#48     Mar 28, 2003
  9. Trajan

Trajan

I don't disagree as one may see regarding my previous posts on what courses to take. They could get enough info to trade out of one of these courses. My point that I was trying to make, which is different than most peoples goals even though it should be, is that you couldn't begin to learn this stuff intuitively after these two day courses. It takes a lot of studying.

#49     Mar 28, 2003
  10. my argument with all these courses, programs, informercials, etc. is that if it REALLY is that easy, foolproof, profitable and all the other hype--then why don't they just hire teams of traders to trade? Infomercials, advertising, hotel conferences all cost a great deal of money and involve risk.

#50     Mar 28, 2003