Optionetics vs. Optionvue

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Norm, Sep 25, 2005.

1. AsperMM

AsperMM

Thanks, nice answer !!! )

#51     Sep 14, 2009
  2. 1. Do softwares such as Amibroker, Sierratrade, Ninjatrader, or Tradestation have decent options analysis/ tradefinders?
    2. I understand that optionetics platinum is around $1000 a year. What would optionvue cost?

Thanks.

-Steps

#52     Dec 16, 2009
  3. 1. Platinum has the best option traderfinder I've seen. Thinkorswim also has an option tradefinder and analysis and its free. There is an OptionStation but I'm not too familiar with it.

2. Optionvue will cost thousands. It's all ala carte. One fee for the basic program, another for the background database, another for current quotes, another for portfolio management, etc. Unless its changed.

#53     Dec 16, 2009
  4. The Options Lab serves me well so far,

#54     Dec 16, 2009
  5. I am creating software that gives you all the profit/loss using the black scholes formula. It gives you a combined graph of all the positions and also a separate graph of each position.

The main program is portfolio management software for stocks and options. It allows you to create as many legs as you want and analyze them. It also gives you the ability to to analyze any stock and option position.

This program is still in limited beta, but I am always looking for more ideas to make it more powerful for the release. If you have any ideas post a request on the forum.

The program does not have a scanner because I feel that there are a lot of powerful free scanners out there. Including the one from Think or Swim.

I am hoping to make this one of the more powerful options programs out there, so any feedback is greatly appreciated.

The website is http://www.optionstracker.com

#55     Jan 18, 2010