Optionetics course worth the money?

Discussion in 'Options' started by jgmplants, Jun 16, 2007.

1. jj90

jj90

I'd like to say their Platinum software isn't too shabby. Nothing institutional strength of course, but 1 of top 3 retail geared products there is.

BTW daddy'sboy, I got a pretty good idea who you are.. Been following your posts for a while now.

#21     Jun 18, 2007
  2. Thanks, hope they've been of some help :)
    db

#22     Jun 18, 2007
  3. Unfortunately they do come across with a pretty strong sales pitch and an overly optimistic attitude towards trading.
    db

#23     Jun 18, 2007
  4. Quote from optioncoach:

I never attended OASIS. I have spoken with people who attend Optionetics and my biggest problem is that they jam pack a lot of intermediate information into a 3 day seminar for beginners without building a strong foundation of the basics (option pricing, greeks, exercise/assignment, etc..). Not sure if they have changed that recently.

People tell me they go to their first Optionetics seminar and are being taught straddles and calendar spreads (again not sure if this has changed). I cannot believe a true beginner can make money on these positions without understanding delta, theta, vega or even how options work. I think as one person once put it, it is like trying to drink water from a fire hydrant.

The guarantee clouds the picture more since it forces newbies to trade in order to even qualify for the guarantee and the only guarantee I think is vald is that a newbie trading options without fundamentals IS going to lose money.

I have heard some of the instructors speak as well as Fontanills and they are knowledgable and great speakers but the product is a little pricey and overreaching in its marketing and how it treats newbies to options.

I tell people that if you buy the 3 Fontanills Books you will probably get way more info for $100 then you will for $3,500 in a weekend.

I dont like marketing gimmicks that make options seem so easy that anyone can do it tomorrow new and make money. It does not do justice to the need to understand how options work before touching them. I am sure many do get a lot from the seminars and repeats and software but I still do not like the approach.

I think a seminar that truly focuses on teaching you the fundamentals such that you can learn to apply them for yourself is much better. Also one free from constant upsell pressure.

#24     Jun 19, 2007
  5. I also went along to check them out and found them to be very heavy on the selling pressure to the point where he mentioned his granddaughter witha health problem and put up a picture of her for everything. Just a bit tasteless.Then at the end they tried to bully/harrass people into signing up really just offensive if you ask me. And the amount they spend on marketing you know it will be costly.

#25     Jun 19, 2007