Optionetics course worth the money?

Discussion in 'Options' started by jgmplants, Jun 16, 2007.

1. i think it includes the put girl. :D . sorry, couldn't resist it.

#11     Jun 17, 2007
  2. asap

asap

one of the best firms training retail traders.

it is much better to spend the money there than throwing it out the window in stupid option trades.

but their course is more a marketing pitch on how paramount is to use their worthless services, charts, add on, and sign in for next level courses. i dont blame them, they have to increase their revenues, so they need to pump all the products and services they have in house to newcomers.

on the other hand, most of their trainers are former market makers and some them are exceptional traders. i know a few and take my hat off to them. obviously, no one of them uses the products, software etc the company recommends to trade their own accounts.

it is up to you, but bare in mind they have their own agenda.

#12     Jun 17, 2007
  3. I've done their courses (intermediate, ICT, MICT) and found them a good starting point. Useful to know is that you can attend their intermediate course as many times as you like (very good for those just starting out and needing more than just one weekend to learn it all) without having to pay any more money. This means if you attend it 20 times then your cost works out to only about $180/attendance - a bargain.
    Also ask yourself if you're really serious about learning options trading. If the answer is 'no' then listen to the others on this forum and just buy some books.
    If you're serious then I suggest that, once you've finished the 'optionetics' stuff, you look at Dan Sheridan and Charles Cottle's courses.
    Best
    db

#13     Jun 17, 2007

4. A bargain? :confused:

#14     Jun 17, 2007
  5. mde2004

mde2004

Keep taking courses and eventually you will trade like a pro or die before you get it. :p

#15     Jun 17, 2007
  6. Options Coach, have you ever attended OASIS, and if so, what was your impression?

Bob

#16     Jun 18, 2007
  7. Thanks for the advice but I actually trade with real money as well as working on improving my trading. How about you? Just like to post smart alec comments? Guess you've finished all your learning and know all there is to know :D
    Do you actually trade options or just wander around this forum peeping your nose into this or that topic?
    db

#17     Jun 18, 2007
  8. gnome

gnome

Whatever there is in the way of "really good stuff" about trading, it is not heavily marketed.

#18     Jun 18, 2007
  9. Hey chief, I just checked out your other posts on this forum and not a single one of them is contributing anything useful, they are mostly of a sarcastic or derogatory nature. Did you know that most posters on this site come here to learn something? So why don't you do us all a favour and be a good little boy and not post anymore unless it's actually something useful?
    Looking at your post history it's pretty obvious you've got no clue what options are about.
    db

#19     Jun 18, 2007
  10. I never attended OASIS. I have spoken with people who attend Optionetics and my biggest problem is that they jam pack a lot of intermediate information into a 3 day seminar for beginners without building a strong foundation of the basics (option pricing, greeks, exercise/assignment, etc..). Not sure if they have changed that recently.

People tell me they go to their first Optionetics seminar and are being taught straddles and calendar spreads (again not sure if this has changed). I cannot believe a true beginner can make money on these positions without understanding delta, theta, vega or even how options work. I think as one person once put it, it is like trying to drink water from a fire hydrant.

The guarantee clouds the picture more since it forces newbies to trade in order to even qualify for the guarantee and the only guarantee I think is vald is that a newbie trading options without fundamentals IS going to lose money.

I have heard some of the instructors speak as well as Fontanills and they are knowledgable and great speakers but the product is a little pricey and overreaching in its marketing and how it treats newbies to options.

I tell people that if you buy the 3 Fontanills Books you will probably get way more info for $100 then you will for $3,500 in a weekend.

I dont like marketing gimmicks that make options seem so easy that anyone can do it tomorrow new and make money. It does not do justice to the need to understand how options work before touching them. I am sure many do get a lot from the seminars and repeats and software but I still do not like the approach.

I think a seminar that truly focuses on teaching you the fundamentals such that you can learn to apply them for yourself is much better. Also one free from constant upsell pressure.

#20     Jun 18, 2007