Optional777/Z10's latest bender...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Lucrum, Feb 1, 2010.

1. LOL. Topic WINNER^

ET should implement a rep system like they have on some other sites. For anyone who has never seen this, every poster gets to give + or - reputation points based on a user's post. This would lead to some hilarious results, certain posters would be like -1,000,000 rep by now.

No anonymous rep though, cause to many multiple users.

#41     Jun 15, 2010
  2. Agreed. I've been wanting to see this for a long time.

#42     Jun 15, 2010
  3. Not possible with current forum structure.

#43     Jun 15, 2010
  4. Have a look at the current thread ratings. Unless a thread starts with a Hard Right orientation it almost certainly has a one-star rating. Your suggestion would only be a variation of essentially the same thing. Klansmen tend to stick together in a fairly big way. Judging by the overrepresentation of the Far Right crazies here at ET, I can easily predict where most posters would likely rank on an ordinal basis. And so, the question arises: why bother?

#44     Jun 15, 2010
  5. Who gets to rate the threads anyway? I will actually agree with you though, conservative posts get more stars than liberal or Zzzz posts, which get 1 or none usually. However both sides stick together, otherwise there wouldn't be "sides".

As for your question: 1) mainly for entertainment. and 2) it would apply to the whole site, not just the P&R forum, so it could actually be helpful to new guys looking for info and help them avoid trolls. For example guys getting caught bullshitting about their trades are gonna get hammered, that is good.

We should also be able to leave explanations for our decisions.

#45     Jun 15, 2010
  6. Use your considerable status and MAKE IT HAPPEN, we need it.

#46     Jun 15, 2010
  7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Good idea.

Would this be a + or a - I wonder.

#47     Jun 15, 2010
  8. Since you're wondering, I guess you'll have to try it and decide for yourself.

#48     Jun 15, 2010
  9. I remain unconvinced, as it relates to the star rating. I think only the RightMeisters actively engage in this pursuit, at least insofar as P&R is concerned.

#49     Jun 15, 2010
  10. If Klansmen stuck together in a "fairly big way" then it's the left oriented threads which would have the high rating. As you are NOT AMERICAN, you are probably now familiar with American history to the degree that you know that the Klan were an arm of the democrat party

#50     Jun 15, 2010