Option

Discussion in 'Options' started by rowenwood, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Yeah, I'm happy that I made that decision. And I learned about options in the process. They are wild beasts and next time I'll proceed with more caution. Next time I'll know more about what I'm doing.

I don't know what loss post you're refering to but yeah, I took a loss-- I did sell my coontracts at .45, and in doing so I managed my risk.

#31     Apr 14, 2004

2. I need to learn more about options before I begin to plan strategies of writing them.

#32     Apr 14, 2004
  3. copa8 I have been selling naked calls and puts don't see the need for credit spreads.

Because I am trading options on volitile stocks I have had a few positions gap and trade strongly against me and still been fine.

#33     Apr 15, 2004
  4. SumJurk

SumJurk

I realize you don't like me and you'll probably flame me for posting something so "worthless".

But, I think you need to learn more about Money Management and Risk Control, too.

You'll find few if any pro traders who would recommend allocating 50% of your account on one idea.

#34     Apr 15, 2004
  5. ===============

Rowenwood;

I used to feel disappointed when i cut a loss;
    now i actually feel relieved because ANYTHING PAST MY PLANNED STOP LOSS IS A
    STINKING
    UNEEDED
    BUSINESS EXPENSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO I DIDNT buy any calls;
    taken enough losses in stock options to be
    real , real careful
    know by costly experience that many buyers get in too much hurray.

DIA, SPY-SPX , QQQ , LU are still nicely uptrending ,including 50 DMA;
    cant say that for thier options.

#35     Apr 15, 2004

6. No, it's alright. Your first response seemed like it was intended to annoy me instead of educate me. I felt annoyed and called you a jerk jokingly. I think you're probably right about risk management, and you could probably accurately recomend I learn about any one part of market analysis or economics in general.

But I did sell at the price I initially set out to accoring to my risk management scheme. And I've never done that (50% call allocation) before and I'd never do that with a lot of money. I only did it because I thought it was a sure thing.

So is there a book on the subject of rm that you reccomend I begin with?

#36     Apr 16, 2004

7. I'm glad for that loss, I learn more from losses than from wins. Doing what I did with 5,000 will resrict me from doing something as agressive with 100,000.

Got that lesson out of the way. Yeah, I like yor idea of thinking of it as a business expense. lol

#37     Apr 16, 2004
  8. SumJurk

SumJurk

That's cool...in a way I can't blame you for being on the defensive. This board is plagued with flamers. God help me if I should ever say something that's not true...lol

Probably the three books that I got the most education about money management and risk control were the wizard books. If you haven't read these books, they are a must...imho

Market Wizards

New Market Wizards

Stock Market Wizards

Cheers...:)

#38     Apr 16, 2004