Option volatility

Discussion in 'Options' started by athlonmank8, Nov 23, 2009.

1. spindr0

spindr0

You think you're sly but even if you worked at it for many
    years, you could never be any good as a cunning linguist.

:)

#21     Nov 26, 2009
  2. you don't say!
    you just discouraged all my efforts of becoming an english grammar teacher.
    i feel devastated......

anyway......if someday i start feeling less lazy,that i usually am,and want to find a job,where could i go in this harsh world for UNlinguists...?
    may be i got to apply at citadel.....at least i have good russian,and the guys there,that i know, have worse english,that mine......which i guess qualifies me enough.........
    yeah,in the trading bussiness u never know when u might have to look for a job......if i start scapling negative gamma,i might start filling job applications since now.

#22     Nov 26, 2009
  3. Martin,tomorrow,when the market opens,u will see the causality in correlation between VIX and SPX :D
    you will see also what a intermarket hedge,by puting an edge with currency swaps....
    just u sould compare the up move in the dollar ,and then how its prized on the down move between the EURO ind american equities........
    the stocks that i gave u were GOOG,AAPL and DAI.......
    wanna bet now,that daimer fell the most?

#23     Nov 26, 2009
  4. This is the most moronic thread ever on elite since the Yoohoo great trader thread. the OP should just ask his god Yoohoo instead of wasting space on this thread.

:D

#24     Nov 26, 2009
  5. well....i can give even my moron position,to let you have more fun on my account:

AAPL 220 dec/jan long call cld-40spreads
    goog 620 dec/jan long call cld-10spreads
    goog 610 dec/jan long call cldr-10 spreads

hedge:
    DAI 50 dec/jan long put cld-10spreads
    AAPL 190 dec/jan long cld put-10 spreads
    long naked:
    DAI 45 jan long puts-10
    DAI 50 jan long puts-10

i'll tell u and what i expect-the IV is too low and i hope for a quick,but strong move down somewhere by the end of the month,and at beginning of december huge move move back to new high ......
    if the move down occurs,i will start cashing the hedges and building more calendar OTM call spreads on google and apple.....if IV goes over 27 on the VIX,instead of buying cldrs,i will buy BWB......
    if there is no temprorary correction in equities,due to a short squeeze in dollar,or the too low IV,i expect moderate up.....call calendars will gain more than the hedge.
    but,looking at IV now of 20 in vix,if there is a correction,it might lead to a chain reaction of buying protection and vix might go to over 30.......by buing a protection,this will push the market even lower,than a lot of stops might blow,which will push the market more down........wouldnt be surprised if SPX goes 4-5% lower for a week .....and DAX EVEN LOWER........

i am looking for 200-300% quick profit of my daimler puts hedge......we will see if that will happen......

i am a real moron(as u say) to give u my play......if it doesnt happen-u would have a lot of laughs.....if it happens-you will disappear....
    but looking at what happened today at the euro markets,the impossible might turn into inevitable :D

#25     Nov 26, 2009
  6. donnap

donnap

:D Yeah, no kidding - I'm glad that I'm not part of this stupid thread......oh, crap.

#26     Nov 26, 2009
  7. well.....lets see what happen today at the opening:

SPX fell 30......VIX rose 4(20%)
    with the fall-short squeeze in dollar carry trade-euro fell with 260 pips for no time.......with is 1.5%......
    what happened with goog vs DAI:

goog-fell from 586 to 574-2%
    DAI-fell from 54 to 50.50-7%

all the moronic correlations happened....

#27     Nov 27, 2009
  8. spindr0

spindr0

If we didn't have moronic threads like this, how would ET readers feel superior?

#28     Nov 27, 2009
  9. I certainly feel like a moron for participating...

#29     Nov 27, 2009
  10. spindr0

spindr0

If you spend enough time here you figure out who the morons are :)

EDIT: LOLOL ... and I wasn't referring to you

#30     Nov 27, 2009