Option Trading Broker

Discussion in 'Options' started by mushic, Sep 22, 2012.

1. mushic

mushic

Hey guys,

I am an eTrade Pro user who just started trading options and am wondering if there's any other broker with decent charting and more comprehensive option trading platform? I've just opened an OptionsHouse account and as much as I like its option platform, it doesn't have good charting. Or is there a desktop software that does both better? I'm lost here and any help is good, thanks!

2. Josef K

Josef K

thinkorswim has the best free charting software that I've come across so far. They also have very good options analysis tools. You can open a demo account with them for free, I believe.

3. TOS has good charts, but doesn't have options of futures at this time. Any recommendations on a good options on futures broker?

4. no...thats not accurate..I trade options on futures all the time...they have options on ES,NQ, YM, CL, NG and I believe bonds & gold silver as well, tho haven't traded them. its actually a bit cheaper to trade a futures option contract than the futures cash.

5. Richard, yes, you are correct. I should have been more specific. I was referencing commodities such as grains. Sorry for the confusion.

6. mushic

mushic

Thanks, just applied online and gotta mail in my signed copy before I can get an account. Can't wait =x

7. NP David...I would assume IB does as it seems to have everything. Cust Serv and TWS platform a bit klunky tho...(so I've heard!)

8. eOption

9. opt789

opt789

Seems to be some confusion here. Thinkorswim does offer options on futures to some clients, mainly those who were grandfathered in when TDA took over. If you open an account now you might have to twist some arms to get them to let you trade them. They have told me they plan on offering them to everyone relatively soon and expand the futures and options they let you trade. Right now you can trade futures and options on ES, NQ, CL, NG, bonds, the Euro, corn, wheat, and soybeans. You can trade a number of other futures like gold, silver, pound, and yen but not the options yet.

10. you sure about options on "ES, NQ, CL, NG, bonds, the Euro, corn, wheat, and soybeans."

TY

#10     Sep 23, 2012