Option trading api

Discussion in 'Options' started by viruscore1, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Who is using stock option trading api? What platform are you using? Thanks

2. MACD

MACD

TOS

3. Do you have code snippet you can send me that sell otm put option thanks

4. MACD

MACD

Not sure what you mean. I trade options. I use TOS platform. No coding to send OTM put options is necessary. Can also initiate conditional orders right on the platform. You can reach me if you wish by Skype to better explain if you wish. Just put your skype contact in a PM message and we can connect.

5. I think he is referring to an "API", which for TDA would be the TDA-API, as they have no TOS API. However the TDA-API is lacking good support.

6. MACD

MACD

THANKS

7. It is possible some may be using the TDA-API for trading (I hope/wish so), but know of no-one doing that. I have heard that Interactive Brokers has an API, (that can be used for trading?), but also know of no-one doing that either! -- I know of people using TradeStation for programmed trading, but do not think they are doing option trades. -- Sorry for not having "good" answers. I hope someone can provide more helpful info!

8. i can program stock buy sell but I wondering if anyone has successfully programmatically bought or sold stock options.
    There's no way i'm buying this book, checkout the bad reviews ...

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  9. qlai

qlai

I'm curious why you would want to automate options trading. Do you actually need it for your strategy or just want to have that ability?

10. Similar thoughts to qlai ... When I go to working an option order to get a "good" fill (manual, not automated, mind you), the notion of automating that process, which would be required if coding a "black box" leave me feeling less enthusiastic, to state it mildly. -- If you are willing to CAVE by 50 cents per order (SPX spreads), you may have some luck, but my trading cannot support that high of a "pain threshold"! --

#10     Apr 24, 2019