Option trade idea on YHOO

Discussion in 'Options' started by hajimow, Jun 21, 2012.

1. You'll find a lot of guys on here to be very helpful.. you should just try asking in a different way ha... like "hey man you don't know what your doin. What are you doing... show me. I might change my mind". Doesn't usually go over well

#211     Nov 28, 2012
  2. metameta

metameta

it took over a month for a response, before he was responding daily. plus you stating its simply a simple covered strategy is bit off. he basically took in over $125,000 in premium selling puts buying calls buying stock etc. to cover $100,000 in offsetting losses on the short. that is a lot of work and balancing the deltas constantly is not a simple covered strategy. if that is a simple covered strategy please show me where that is defined as that and i stand corrected. i wasn't bashing him he just didn't respond as he did in the past and was curious how he handled this.

#212     Nov 28, 2012
  3. hajimow

hajimow

Just a final note: Today (11/28) YHOO "might" go under heavy short selling and profit taking. You might want to take advantage of it.

#213     Nov 28, 2012
  4. metameta

metameta

good luck with your YHOO position hajimow, i can't read individual stocks that well on a daily basis.

#214     Nov 28, 2012
  5. Any time someone tells me what they did in hindsite, when they could have told me that same day,..... well, lets just say we are all winners on the internet.
    Personally, if I don't share a trade I made that same day, you won't be hearing about it days from now.

#215     Nov 28, 2012
  6. Bry

Bry

covered w/small profit

#216     Nov 28, 2012
  7. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

I think it's disappointing that Hajimow made a call that went against him and then left the forum. Then came back saying that while he was calling short, he was actually long via options and that he left the forum because no one was listening to him. And now he's back giving his views again.

I liked this thread and even when he was wrong before (about a YHOO takeout) he was always standup about it. This behavior reeks of what all those other charlitans on this site do.

I'm done with this thread now.

#217     Nov 30, 2012
  8. hajimow

hajimow

I cannot change your opinion on me and I don't plan to do that. I did not change my trading strategy and I did not claim anything new. Please go back and read my posts on this thread way back. I always said that I don't short and leave my trade unattended. I have always sold PUTs when I was short and Call when I was long. Plus some strangles. The reason that I did not feel that I need to continue and update day to day was that I don't think that even one person followed my trading ideas. I was carefully monitoring option trades and volume after my posts. I could not also babysit novice traders and guide them step by step on what to do. Threads don't stay for ever. They come and go. My trading philosophy can be summorized as follow:
    Think before trading, if you break it, you own it. There is NO stop loss and run away. You have to stay and repair your trade. Many traders don't like this idea. They just get into trades and then get stopped out.
    FYI: YHOO is sued by Mexico for over 2 billion. I like to know how they will get out of this. It dropped 50 cents today.
    Note: I just checked my account. In November I traded over 11000 contracts of YHOO.

#218     Nov 30, 2012
  9. <<< My trading philosophy can be summorized as follow:
    Think before trading, if you break it, you own it. There is NO stop loss and run away. You have to stay and repair your trade. >>>

I believe a more accurate description of your trading philosophy is.....
    Select just one stock and over concentrate your funds into that one stock.
    Then rationalize that since you "understand" that one company, all that other investing stuff like objective analysis, diversification, ect.... are all irrelevant.

Then when things go bad, simply report that you actually made some money making adjustments weeks ago, but didn't want to disturb "your own thread", to report those adjustments.
    However, weeks later, when it's too late for anyone to actually verify those "adjustments" in real time,.... now seems like a good time to report them???
    Just a little hard to believe that you would not want to share your strategic profitable adjustments as you were making them, or shortly after.
    But NOW seems like a good time to share it???

BTW, just because no one stated they copied you, does not mean others did not copy you. Lots of silent readers here.
    If you share a trade, and brag about how successful you are over concentrating in YHOO, you should share adjustments as well.
    It's just a little hard to believe you would not share a money making adjustment, on your own trade, on your own thread, on a stock you recommended, and were bragging about how predictable it was.
    It's not like you made the trade and it went bad several months later. It went bad shortly after you initiated it.
    You should have just admitted you messed up.

This post is not ment as a personal attack. But rather, to point out that what you do is extremely reckless.
    And to warn others who are considering copying your over concentration strategy, that it will not end well for you.... or others who copy your reckless behavior.

Again, I remain amused that you are willing to share your "adjustments" with the board now.... but NOT when you actually made them.
    Didn't you at one time also tell the board you doubled your money doing this during one or more years? That you made a 100% return.
    Again, thanks for sharing that useful info. But it's a shame you didn't actually share those trades either.

#219     Nov 30, 2012
  10. Mitch89

Mitch89

I've tried this position and it's very interesting. I think you are right, and with a stop loss, it's quite a well calculated risk / odds.
    In fact I also like to trade spreads, but what's good in your example is that you have a high positive delta and a near zero theta and vega, so better odds than risks.
    Of course I'll give it a try with back testing it with some historic prices and see if it works.

#220     Jan 7, 2013