option to receive notification on new threads started

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by trader42, Jan 30, 2003.

1. It would seem very useful to be able to receive notifications on new threads started. This way one could subscribe to threads of interest right away, instead of trying to figure out which threads are new based on the little yellow icon on the main screen.

Thanks

2. Baron

Baron ET Founder

There is an option available to subscribe to a specific forum. In other words, you would be notified of any new threads started in the forum you subscribed to.

I have not enabled that option, but I could do so pretty easily if there's enough interest.

3. This would be great Baron. Thanks

4. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Ok, to subscribe to a forum, first go to any page which shows the thread listing for a particular forum.

For example, the thread listing for the software forum is at http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=3

Scroll down to the bottom of that page, and on the left hand side you'll see an option for subscribing.

That's it!

5. cool, thanks

6. i did subscribe to several forums, and seeing new threads (based on the timestamp of the first message), but do not seem to receive notifications

7. would these forum subscritions show up in the account home page? they do not seem to be listed there ...

8. have you had a chance to look into this please?

9. Baron

Baron ET Founder

10. yes they do show up. cool :)

but i do not seem to be getting email notifications for the subscribed forums.

Thanks

#10     Feb 7, 2003