Option Symbol Ib Question

Discussion in 'Interactive Brokers' started by white17, Aug 10, 2002.

1. white17

white17

Having a problem inputting a four letter option symbol in the market data line. Get the message that "this symbol isn't available" or something like that. Its an October '02 put. Whats the trick ?

2. Jordan

Jordan

I'm sorry to suggest such an elementary question, and I mean no disrespect, but are you sure there is an Oct 02 put?

Just sort of checking the "is it plugged in" thing.

:)

3. white17

white17

Good question. No offense. Yes it is trading.

4. Jordan

Jordan

:) Well that busts me out then. I use Cyber. I have no doubt you'll figure it out, I have read many of your posts. Clearly, the lights are on upstairs. You're contributions are well worth reading.

5. white17

white17

Thank you. We've all made contributions over the years and not just to this forum if ya know what I mean.

6. Jordan

Jordan

:D :D Yes I do.

:)

7. def

def Sponsor

w/o knowing the symbol it is hard to help. i always add a market by choosing the underlying and then the expiry and then strike. this is a bit slower but i tend to add a chain at once.

it is possible that the symbol you want is not in the system. i'd go the route above to check.

8. white17

white17

DEF; thanks, that worked. Also found that if I put a space between the second and third letter it works in symbol mode.