option strategy

Discussion in 'Options' started by happy trading, Feb 14, 2021.

1. so you are saying that i good way to set up what i want to do is instead of selling and buying with the same strike, the short should be at least a little higher then the long?

#11     Feb 15, 2021
  2. caroy

caroy

If you plan to roll i like the diagonal set up better. Will usually cost more in buying power to set up.

#12     Feb 15, 2021
  3. what a stupid rule

#13     Feb 16, 2021
  4. HappyDays

HappyDays

Then don't close the position.....instead lose money.

#14     Feb 16, 2021
  5. options investing.co.uk I often do ratio calendars -sell 2 in near month buy one in far month

#15     Feb 20, 2021
  6. in this strategy that you are mentioning there is one naked short option?

#16     Feb 21, 2021
  7. .sigma

.sigma

Other than @caroy dropping knowledge, there’s a lot of happiness in this thread

#17     Feb 22, 2021
    caroy likes this.
  8. .sigma

.sigma

yeah man, never ever.. if price does breach your OTM strike (now ITM) use all your strength to push price back away so your strike ends up OTM again, works every time for me.

#18     Feb 22, 2021
    caroy likes this.
  9. Yes. I generally try to sell more options than I buy -I'm a rubbish trader, by the way but after 20 years I'm still here

#19     Feb 28, 2021
  10. ffs1001

ffs1001

I respectfully disagree Windlesham1. I've seen you post trades, and great trade ideas etc since 1999 on a website forum that has long since disappeared (www.fool.co.uk), where yourself, me and maybe 2-3 others would discuss the quiet, backwaters world of UK options market. This was long before smart-phones, Robinhood, trading apps and the McDonald-isation of the options industry. This was in the days that, if you said to someone "I trade options" they had no clue what you were talking about. And the very concept of "trading" as we know it now was largely un-heard on in the general public.
    Ahhh.....good times.

#20     Feb 28, 2021
    Windlesham1 likes this.