Option Strategy Adjustments

Discussion in 'Options' started by jwcapital, May 8, 2009.

1. spindr0

spindr0

I participated on the Yahoo option bulletin boards for 6 or 7 years. While it didn't have anywhere near the number of retail and professional traders that Elite Trader has, there were a lot of knowledgeable people who generously offered their time and experience. It was a good place to share ideas, get quality feedback and learn from others who had already been there.

Unfortunately, it wasn't a moderated environment. That wasn't a problem until the Putz master came along. While it may be hard to believe, as he publicly vowed to do, he single handedly ruined those boards as participants found his harassment intolerable and one by one, they left in frustration.

I should amend that statement. At one point, almost all posters left left the main bulletin board and moved to another one that a chap named Zman started. Yep, you guessed it, Putzy followed... and then the final exodus began.

I last posted on Yahoo nearly 3 years ago, migrating here with many others. The Yahoo option bulletin boards are a dead zone now. You don't have to take my word for this nor is it important that you or anyone else does. But based on the large negative response by so many ET posters to his showing up here, even an idiot can connect the dots. Unless of course you, like him, believe that there are really only 3 or 4 llegitimate posters here and his critics have dozens of bogus handles. "Everyone is Spin!" "Everyone is Mark (dagynt)!" "Everyone is Zman!". Oh wait, you have access to IP addresses so you're not the paranoid one.

LOL. So now, I'm busted. It was amusing to be Gody3 for a few weeks. It served its purpose. Maybe now you'll do a better job regulating this area, something that in lieu of, many ET-ers were doing in a self moderating fashion to localize his nonsense.

Not that it matters but I bet that he was burning up the PM wires whining to you about his persecution here. LOL. So now it's time for Gody3 to sign off the airwaves and return to regularly scheduled ET programming... unless you have got an axe to grind with my Spindr0 handle.

And yeh, I'm rrrreally impressed with how you handled all of this.

Ciao!

:)

#51     May 29, 2009
  2. Inspector Clouseau!

#52     May 29, 2009
  3. and here I thought FOR SURE.... GOD year 3 was Atticus :D

speaking like a mortal

#53     May 29, 2009
  4. +++++++1,000,000,000,00000000,0000000000 (or alternatively, 1 SP500 dublication replication)

I can personally vouch that the above is 100% accurate. I learned a lot from many of the folks listed above, as well as others not mentioned (arizonadreamer, optioncoach, pantheon, don, and others that I just can't remember). These guys put a lot of time and effort answering questions when they clearly did not have to.

I was very fortunate that I learned the basics before running into monkey_loves_puts. A novice that is exposed to his strategy may not see the risks involved because the strikes are WTFOTM and "impossible" to breech. He previously sold naked put leaps - with no plans for adjustments. The veterans at first would try to educate monkey, but to no avail. I remember going through 3-4 years of posts and assimilitating all the information offered without coming across any rants. But as Spin mentioned, it only took a few months for the boards to deteriorate. The boards were entertaining. Educational they were not.

Any plans on bringing Putz Master to the table? C'mon, a few laughs ain't all that bad. Gotta keep this place interesting ya know!

#54     May 29, 2009
  5. <<< I last posted on Yahoo nearly 3 years ago, migrating here with many others. >>>

TRANSLATION:

He ignored yahoo's warnings to stop disrupting the board and harrassing me and others. After yahoo deleted his disruptive posts, along with thousands of useful and helpful posts, he stopped posting under the SPINDRO name, and began posting under various other names to continue his disruptive behavior.
    He was also very successful at encouraging others there, to disrupt the board as he did here.
    Disrupting various option boards I and others went to, became a form of entertainment for him and those that followed his example.

Then, as now, he was very upset, that I dared to post my trades in real time, for all to observe, monitor, discuss, ect....
    And what made him and others even more upset, was that I dared to ignore his advice.
    He and others seemed to take that as a personal attack and insult.
    How dare I ignore their advice!
    That's when he and others began attacking me and others daily.
    But mostly me. As I did most of the sharing of trades in real time.

Then as now, I made it clear I was a novice trader.
    Does SPINDRO actually expect the moderator to believe that a novice trader, who merely posted his trades for others to monitor and discuss, would come to various option boards just to attack the professionals in the business?
    GEEEZE!
    I admit to RESPONDING to their attacks, ridicule and insults. Just as I did here.
    SPINDRO has been around for a while, and has many friends in the business.
    It's unfortunate they decided to follow his example, rather than set an example for him to follow.

I've only been here a few weeks, and look what SPINDRO did to this place as gody3.
    Look how he encouraged others to follow his example.
    Now multiply that times more than 1,000 and you get an idea of what he and his pals did to the various yahoo option boards.
    Unfortunately, you really can't get a proper idea, because most of his posts here were deleted, when the moderator deleted the threads he disrupted and destroyed.... just like he did on yahoo.

I expect some of his pals to rush to his defense, with more personal attacks on me.
    I'm not going to get into a debate with them here, as this is not the place for it. I just wanted to set the record straight, and now I'll give them the last word.

I initiated a thread here weeks ago.
    That thread was for SHARING and DISCUSSING OPTION TRADES.
    I'm hopeful I and others can now return to sharing and discussing our trades on that thread.
    Feel free to argue, debate, and disagree.
    But you don't have to be disagreeable to disagree.

#55     May 29, 2009
  6. FINAL NOTE:

I'm NOT asking for SPINDRO to lose his ability to post at ET.
    In fact, I think that would be a mistake.
    He is a knowlegable and experienced trader, and others can benefit from his discussions.
    I'm only asking that he behave like an adult.

#56     May 29, 2009
  7. Mr. "dublicate then replicate" is now a novice. Well thanks, Captain Obvious.

Wow, I guess Spin is safe for the time being.

#57     May 29, 2009
  8. gents & ladies...

i gave up moderating these boards as of 04/01/09...i had to get to leave the ranks of the self-employed and join a private firm...

but for some reason i still get requests to moderate the posts...

the options forum has been a very civil place the last few years with the exception of a few bumps along the way... risk free etc...

i asked the put master to explain why everyone has an axe to grind and he never did reply...

the put master has been the biggest pain for me since i started moderating years ago...everyone till then was civil and basically self regulating...if it was my call i would have him shot and buried somewhere where he can never bother anyone again...alas it is not to be...maybe he will do us all a favor and disappear...

thanks for all your informative chat and some yucks along the way...adios amigos

chiguy...your faithful moderator... :)

#58     May 29, 2009
  9. <<< i asked the put master to explain why everyone has an axe to grind and he never did reply... >>>

I did reply. I gave you the same answer as I posted here.
    Some folks are simply upset that I post my trades, and sometimes chose to ignore their advice.
    They respond with personal attacks, insults, ridicule, and multiple ID's.
    I then respond to their attacks and I'm blamed.
    I initiated 2 threads, for investors to share and discuss their trades.
    Both threads were destroyed by individuals not interested in sharing and discussing option trades.
    They prefered personal attacks, insults and ridicule.
    I'll attempt a 3rd thread.
    I suppose I'll be blamed when they destroy that one as well.
    How dare i respond to those, whose goal is to ruin a thread for sharing trades.

#59     May 29, 2009
  10. RobtF

RobtF

PM, get a clue. Per your own admission, change your handle to Put Novice, there's no shame in that. Put "master" is off putting -we all have a lot to learn ... and stop calling other people "trolls."

#60     May 30, 2009