Option Spreadsheet Request

Discussion in 'Options' started by Ironplates, May 5, 2013.

1. gmst

gmst

So you saying these are good stuff for a beginner but you don't use it yourself.

ok got it. Thanks Atticus.

#11     May 6, 2013
  2. vanv0029

vanv0029

Optionstar does not work with new Microsoft Excel 2013 (some
    new macro protection changes or something) and Optionstar
    is not being maintained and they do not answer their technical
    question email. I could not figure out how to order an older version
    of Excel which I would prefer anyway.

#12     May 7, 2013
  3. sle

sle

I have a library of VBA functions, probably more useful and extensive then Hoadley that I've built over the years. Happy to share :)

#13     May 7, 2013
  4. gmst

gmst

Please do.

#14     May 7, 2013
  5. gmst

gmst

Sle,
    I remember you had also offered to scan your notes and pass it to the community. You mentioned it was a lot of work. Just saying many of us are waiting for those gems. Thanks in Advance!

#15     May 7, 2013
  6. you can as well use Rexcel within excel... bring all the functionality of R into your sheets as well..

Transferring data between R and Excel interactively from within Excel, using Excel as data editor for data to be analyzed with R
    Using Excel as container (and simple code editor) for R commands, and running R commands from Excel
    Running R commands from Excel VBA macros allowing to create Excel based applications and Excel add-ins using R for other users
    Using R functions in Excel worksheets functions, integrating R functionality into the automatic recalculation engine of Excel

http://www.statconn.com/products.html

#16     May 7, 2013
  7. Doobs789

Doobs789

Are you just looking to quote/price various spreads? Or do you want to scan for spread opportunities using various inputs? It is best to build your own sheets, pulling r/t data from whatever front-end/software you use. That way you can manipulate the data however you see fit. Plus, you will intuitively understand how the model works from the ground up.

#17     May 9, 2013
  8. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

+1

#18     May 9, 2013
  9. kapw7

kapw7

#19     May 10, 2013
  10. How do you guys manage getting r/t options data into excel? I want to input a list of options on various tickers to quote and analyze various spreads but im having a couple of problems.
    Firstly If I want a chain of say ten options on each stock, I'm having trouble getting the data as I have symbol limits. I use esignal which has a 500 symbol limit. So that limits me to 50 tickers. I use IB and that has an even lower symbol limit. I can higher esignal to 1000 but i use it for other stuff as well. so it prob still wouldnt be enough. Where do you guys get your data?

Also, how do you deal with the fact that the ATM is always changing so as a result the list of options to follow and collect data on is always changing.

Curious how others deal with these problems.

#20     May 10, 2013