Option selling for premium

Discussion in 'Options' started by John9999, Mar 3, 2018.

1. I’m on track for 27% this year. Not quite to newsletter boy, but my returns are real.

#81     Mar 5, 2018
  2. samuel11

samuel11

On track :D:D:D Sure Jan. Still no proof

Funny, less than a month ago you were targetting 48%. Damn

#82     Mar 5, 2018
  3. I will show my equity curve. The file is too big to upload. No way I’m showing you my 94.4% winning trades. Unless you buy my newsletter !

#83     Mar 5, 2018
  4. @samuel11 Once someone attacks you personally instead of managing a civilized discussion, you know they simply have nothing else to say.

tastytrade fanboys are known for their lack of respect and tolerance to different opinions. They have a good teacher - their fearless leader Tom Sosnoff. It is not unusual for him to call everyone who doesn't agree with him morons, so it's not surprising that his students adapted his style.

I personally have a principle in life: don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence. Silent treatment is the best for people like @Sweet Bobby - if everyone adapted it and started to ignore them, maybe they would just stop posting and go back to their cave.

And this is exactly the reason why people come to us, where they can expect to get respect and civilized discussion even if they have a different opinion.

#84     Mar 5, 2018
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

Let's keep it civil and professional here folks, or go somewhere else. Thanks.

#85     Mar 5, 2018
    TrustyJules and Kim Klaiman like this.
  6. ironchef

ironchef

John9999 this is your thread, restore order please.:strong:

#86     Mar 6, 2018
  7. Everybody's "on track" for future Greatness. -- but, of course, that's the Million dollar mystery word in question that's usually highly ambiguous.
    You went from -10% performance to being on track for 27% o_O, :confused: -- Did God struck you overnight with Divine trading Light,
    That's Sweet and Sour performance.

I'm post reply #87...1987...one of my favorite years. The year the movie Wall Street came out.
    I love Gordon Gekko, but he flew too close to the Sun and got burned. -- Lawrence 'Larry' Wildman won in the end.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    #87     Mar 6, 2018
  8. This was advise for someone that is new to options. As you grow in experience then you can gauge how to handle when price moves against you etc. There is no way anyone can honestly recommend selling naked options to someone new to options trading. I highly doubt your selling naked calls regularly in NFLX, APPL, GOOGL or AMZN the reason for you not doing this is why i recommended selling spreads to this new options trader. Did you have any short puts that expired ITM during the recent correction?

I just realized that you may not be trading $SPX $SPY options either anyone that sold puts in those that expired during the correction got screwed. Yes the FANGS recovered already. Also the 2015 correction screwed any sellers to these are always possible. If you have been trading for a while delta is BS every week you have 0.10 deltas that expire ITM. Nobody can predict the future your playing a risk game new traders shouldnt be risking all of money when they dont even know what they are doing yet.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    #88     Mar 6, 2018
  9. These services will likely not help much when you dont have an idea of what your trading style fits you. You should get the basics on your own then look for services I would recommend to not go with anyone that cant show you an audited tax return or a live broker statement online. To many scammers out here if they are truly selling a service to improve your trading and also claim they are killing it they should have no problem doing this.

#89     Mar 6, 2018
    MurphyTan and rtw like this.
  10. Another example of a “low” probability event $spy 274 call expiring tomorrow 0.19 delta had 33% Probability 273 had a 42% by the Numbers you can sell those right? How would a newbie handle that going ITM with no protection

#90     Mar 6, 2018
    Kim Klaiman likes this.