Option pros. What do you think of this?

Discussion in 'Options' started by lkh, Sep 2, 2005.

1. I don't think Cramer is options savvy enough to know anything about what options traders know as volatility, or vega. By "volatility" he probably is referring to the erratic movement of the underlying. In other words the stock is "volatile" in that it "moves around a lot", so one should sell the stock on "spikes" in order to "make money."

Cramer is not really a trader. He is an ENTERTAINER, and not a bad one, at least according to the Nielson beancounters.

#21     Sep 16, 2005
  2. KevinK

KevinK Guest

I would have to disagree. His personal acct is doing pretty well compared to most managers and considering the stupid regulations he has in place.

24% a year at his hedge fund.

He is a trader.

#22     Sep 16, 2005
  3. He's paid dearly (6-8 cents per share) to front run reports and news and to hear what others were doing.

It's no coincidence that he bailed on his hedge fund the exact month Reg FD was enacted. His game was up. And now that he doesn't have any exclusive information..... it shows

#23     Sep 17, 2005
  4. Yes, I would agree with the Dr. here.

His returns had little to do with understanding the vega (vol) of options. He bought (still buys) options as a sub for the underlying. As far as I know he has NEVER traded volatility, as option traders do.

He was never a strategist, but a pure gut feel speculator who got out at the right time: before the rules changed, and before he lost ALL of his hair.

#24     Sep 17, 2005
  5. I have to agree Cramer is no trader ..... what massive trader gives it up to be on CNBC .... the real big boys make more in a day than he probably does in a year.

As far as being a hedge fund manager something doesnt smell quite right . He bailed out it in a hurry with 24% on what 50 to 100 million???? dont remember .

CRAMER IS A CRACKHEAD

#25     Oct 15, 2005