Option Pit

Discussion in 'Options' started by Chris Paciello, Aug 10, 2017.

1. I came across the Option Pit website and seen some of the courses/mentorship they have to offer.

Has anyone ever gone through any of their courses or material? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am interested in the Gold course they have to offer.

You can either reply to this thread or send me a PM.

Thank you

2. ajacobson

ajacobson

On biweekly on the Options Insider podcast. Podcast is free.

3. You could get a lot of hands-on education losing $1,500 in the market. I'm sure there's plenty of reading you could do here about the risk management stuff. The trade structure is something that I still learn by doing rather than being told--there's nothing quite like being on the wrong side of a trade to show you how to make a strategy work properly.

And, if this guy's that good at options, he's not about to start peddling some $1,500 course that would be a day's profit if successful options trading.

tommcginnis and mt2rules like this.
  4. Also, probably the better place to start...why options? Because in my experience here, the answer to that question is usually predicated on a misconception. There are certainly good answers to the question, but mostly they seem to be fancy ways of saying things like "I'm under capitalized" or "I want to take on excessive risk".

Chuck Krug likes this.
  5. There's nothing necessarily wrong with being under capitalized and/or wanting to take excessive risk/wanting larger returns,

Alot of people started out poor and hungry, o_O

You kind of make it sound like being well capitalized equates to Success as an initial trader,
    As for not wanting to take risks...if you don't like that concept...then you might as well just be a diversified, longer term/sleepy investor,

The name Trader in of itself generally means risky business, and on the Flip side of that coin...Rewards,
    There's only trader -- or the slow, sleepy/boring, longer term retirement acct investing crowd,

Success, in trading, means... 'Quality' over Quantity... in time/experience/knowledge,
    Some people with decades of experience and/or larger initial acct sizes essentially get/got nowhere,

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  6. What I mean is that options are not a good shortcut to get exposure to shares you don't have sufficient capital to trade outright. It can certainly be done (and I even do it myself), but I take a pretty dim view of people trying to entice others into trading options by suggesting that leverage is what makes them attractive. I doubt this is what Options Pit is doing, and they likely have good advice...but probably not worth the money. There's so much information available for free on the internet, I have a tough time believing the best approach isn't some google-based research followed up with that $1,500 in an account to try it for real, see what works, and what doesn't.

Chris Paciello likes this.
  7. Do you think this is equally beneficial to taking the course?

8. The main reason would be the opportunity to have positions aside from long or short, to sum it up. Nothing with under capitalized or wanting to take excessive risk.

9. Has anyone taken the Gold course from OptionPit.com? Any feedback on it?

Anyone have any past webinars with Mark Sebastian?

I like the way he teaches and his knowledge. Volatility trader mainly. I never seen him look at charts at all. I don't think that's part of his trading technique.

Any info either PM me or reply here

10. OptionPit is the best option educator in the busines. I know their team, and they are probably one of the few consultancy firms that employ former market makers from legit firms (group one), and have actually taken new students from scratch to becoming active market makers. Not that market makeing is everyone's goal, but whatever you want to do with options, you wont find a better group to learn from. PM if you want details.

#10     Aug 17, 2017
    Chriz and Chris Paciello like this.