Option markets continue to shut down

Discussion in 'Options' started by NoMoreOptions, Apr 9, 2004.

1. Lookin' at this statistics, no mistaken about it, it is real. Companies don't want to have options on their stocks any more.

Yeah, window lickers, right you are. I have absolutely no idea about how options work and strategies. Continue to lick my a.

#11     Apr 12, 2004
  2. Vega, I think nomore misses you. Have you thought about going back to the floor?

#12     Apr 12, 2004
  3. vega

vega

I'd rather have him call me direct and I'll provide him quotes, that way I don't have to pay the $1000/mo seat lease.

Vega:D

#13     Apr 12, 2004
  4. vega

vega

Yeah, why would a company want to use stock options as a benefit to key employees, or sell puts on their stock to generate additional income (Dell cleaned up doing that in the last 90s), or buy puts on their competitors to offset a potential shortfall in their sector.

But the good news is you finally said something that I agree with.

"I have absolutely no idea about how options work and strategies.":p

#14     Apr 12, 2004
  5. gam1111

gam1111

I don't know very much about options but I did read that some firms that used to make markets in options on the AMEX did close up their operations for that department.

#15     Apr 20, 2004
  6. pspr

pspr

That's all it costs for a license to steal? :eek:

#16     Apr 20, 2004
  7. No, we have an agreement; I will be making OTC markets for NMO, don't mess with another man's livelyhood :D

#17     Apr 20, 2004
  8. vega

vega

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY -------

I claim the other side to all of his trades......... you just stick to launching straddles and dealing with the negative gamma:eek: and I get the hard stuff -- taking the other side of NMO's trades:D

#18     Apr 20, 2004
  9. Be careful though. He may use a Morgan Stanley floor broker to lecture you that you need to improve on your markets.:)

#19     Apr 21, 2004