Option for OP to ban posters from a thread

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by studentofthemarkets, Oct 31, 2020.

Should the OP be allowed to block posts/posters?

1. NO. Let the trolls continue and let admin take care of the worst problems.

50.0%
  2. YES. Let the OP control their content.

50.0%
  1. Cuddles

Cuddles

other forums have rules against going off-topic or derailing threads. That curbs the trolls quite effectively.

trafficking in rep power is a thing

on please, no one owes you a safe space
    [​IMG]

#21     Nov 15, 2020
  2. I have been blocked by FortuneTeller, yet he has posted in my threads. I have also posted in his threads, apparently by using a bug. Today, I was not able to even see the link below until I utilized the bug:

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/why-are-atheists-so-intolerant-towards-religion.357593/

Some posters, such as smallfil, are notorious in blocking other posters, quoting their posts, and then blocking them again. Others have complained about the same thing.

I feel we should all abide by the rules equally, whatever they are. Anyone abusing a function, including myself of course, should be warned or suffer some other administrative penalty. This will help keep the playing field more level and avoid resentments from building.

I look forward to your input into this issue.

#22     Apr 12, 2021
    studentofthemarkets likes this.
  3. Geez, don't make a life science out of this. It's just a chat forum.

#23     Apr 12, 2021
    BeautifulStranger likes this.
  4. It is a fundamental part of social interaction to avoid unnecessarily offending people. I have offended some substantial people, some of whom have put me on ignore, as a result of posts that were in essence a result of my insecurities.

I apologize to those people I’ve carelessly, or worse, offended.

In all honesty, It wouldn’t be me to not throw in a quick jab somewhere in a post, so here goes: Could not the statement “A universe is merely a container for galaxies...” be considered a equivalent of a humor alert, to both those who are religious and those who are not?

Time to focus on things trading related in my journal for a while.

#24     Apr 13, 2021
  5. You sound like Justin Trudeau. Are you sure you were on your knees when you apologized? Because otherwise it won't count

#25     Apr 13, 2021
  6. I know I’m an a-hole, but I’m not proud of it. Ok, sometimes not proud of it. As far as Justin Trudeau, while I may not agree with a lot of his politics, I have to respect the fact he got reelected, assuming it was a fair election, of course.

If you want to talk politics, let’s take it to the politics section, as we seem to be getting off topic here in the feedback section.

#26     Apr 13, 2021
  7. Mugabe also got "re-elected" a lot of times. About 20 if I remember correctly. It's kind of easy to get re-elected when you rig elections by immigrating hundreds of thousand each year that are surely going to vote for you as soon as they turn citizens. Sure Trudeau does not shoot people in the head like Mugabe. Or at least Justin would afterwards properly apologize on his knees, suck a cock or two and shed crocodile tears.

Back to the point, I was kidding, being an asshole in certain ways is ok, all depends from whose eyes you are judged as asshole. Perhaps you say sensible things that don't resonate with others. Your depiction of apologizing seemed a little Trudeau like hence my cynicism. All good.

#27     Apr 13, 2021
  8. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I just saw this. So the guy who tells me that no one owes me a safe space, has me on ignore because he needed a safe space. Uh huh.

#28     Apr 19, 2021
  9. userque

userque

Move on, young lady. He doesn't like you. You'll eventually find someone that wants to chat with you.

Besides, it's not like you don't have folks on ignore yourself ... securing your own little safe space.

#hypcrocracy

#29     Apr 19, 2021
    themickey likes this.
  10. I think every last logical and truth loving person who has ever been on this site will find @Tsing Tao to be a million times more honest, truthful, and connected to common sense and logic than @Here4money. Your snarky comment suggests you live in some sort of emotional bubble.

#30     Apr 19, 2021
    Tsing Tao likes this.