Option education and software - rookie.

Discussion in 'Options' started by DeltaForce100, Feb 28, 2012.

1. IVtrader

IVtrader

ForexForex

Hopefully your trading profits are better than the manners you occassionally demonstrate on Elite forum

#11     Mar 1, 2012
  2. I made myself clear about where I stand in the very first post of the thread:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=237122

There was nothing of material in those emails. If anything I gave YOU more of my OWN information that anything else. Besides, even if I'd told you that I was a complete beginner, you would've given me the same links that you sent me in the email. So, what exactly are you trying to accomplish? If anything you seem to have your OWN agenda here bud...

Forums=noise. It's the definition. Lotta chatter here. That is what it is for. This is a trading chatroom. We love noise.

Bullshit! You were clear about it. You said:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=3453602#post3453602

What else does the above imply?

The content from that email I shared was the links to Dan Sheridan and Mark Sebastien. What else did I post? Or are you upset over the fact that I was curious why you engage in such queer behaviour of asking people to email you ?

AND

I still thanked you in that post regardless of your curious behaviour. You just can't handle criticism. That's all it is. Perhaps, YOU, sir, need to appreciate others' appreciation of you.

Peace In The Middle East!

#12     Mar 1, 2012
  3. jkgraham

jkgraham

I recommend having a mentor.

I'm happy with TradersEdgeLive.com, I think they have decent prices for what they offer. I tried learning it on my own but these guys pointed out some things that I didn't see on the same strategies. I was like WOW this is worth the money.

I found some good FREE material on CBOE.com, you'll have to register first and then go to Education->Webcasts->Webcast Center.

#13     Mar 1, 2012
  4. LOL ..... I got it now. At first I was confused about your reply since my post was directed at babutime but you have a bone to pick, you even started a thread about me. help? for people researching options training Hard to keep track of all these ET handles, some are easy to remember - but most I forget any past dealings with.

babutime just pulled off an ET classic. He starts a thread and asks for PM's that he will "respect your wishes and will likewise not share it publicly" and you fell for it. He then publicly bitchs about the info you PM'ed him, now that's humility. I'm not to sure why you replied to his thread because he specifically requested "for the pros only".

Carry on. :)

#14     Mar 1, 2012
  5. Was IVtrader exhibiting Bi-curious behavior in his PM's?

#15     Mar 1, 2012
  6. Why would you even ask a question like that?

What is wrong with you?

#16     Mar 1, 2012
  7. jkgraham

jkgraham

I also purchased 'Trading Pro System' for about $150. I don't have the actual count but it's over 24 hours worth of videos. Focuses on Iron Condors and Double Calendar spreads but it gets into several other stragies as well. I think it was pretty good and a lot less than most seminars.

#17     Mar 1, 2012
  8. If it's cheap, buy it- kinda like buying cheap vol. Won't lose much. If it is expensive then think about it- very very carefully. Could it be worth it?

I mean, it's like ridiculously high premiums during options expiration- sure you might score a huge winner but the vol collapse will eat you alive in most cases.

Same thing.

Most of what I know I learn't at school (wasn't much- got me the mathematical framework). Then it was Natenberg, Taleb, etc. I still have to go back and re-read all of them. Havent read up on all the chapters. So far I've set up a good computational/ programming base so I can quickly do any analysis if I need to.

It's halftime for me. The other half is about to begin.

#18     Mar 1, 2012
  9. My foray into options began during my final year of college and my lack of funds precluded me from partaking in a structured program similar to those mentioned by previous posters. I had to take the self-taught route; an endeavor made extremely difficult because the internet is shockingly void of any options related info beyond basic definitions (Ridiculous that you can find tons of info on how to build a pipe bomb though!).
    Fortunately, I discovered that the public libraries in Boston where I studied had a great selection of options specific books. With 180+ spread across the city's libraries, the collection covered pretty much every aspect and technique involved in the options market. Although it required a certain level of dedication, I managed to read or at least skim through a majority of the books over the course of the year while trying to implement interesting strategies in my paper trading account. Like most, I took my licks throughout this first year however I was able to minimize my mistakes and garner a small profit as time progressed.

#19     Apr 10, 2012

10. I will re-phrase the question.

In IVtrader's emails/pm's to you was he interested in "extracurricular activities" behond option trading?

:)

#20     Apr 10, 2012