Option chains downloader?

Discussion in 'Options' started by peerless_scarred, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Just wondering if there's a tool or script out there anywhere that would let me download option chains for a given list of stocks (between 50-100) into a text file? (Along with stock symbol and latest share price.)
    Thanks in advance.

2. Thanks Nano - I should have mentioned I want the Bid/Ask data as well, which Iqfeed doesn't seem to have.

3. tommcginnis

tommcginnis

http://www.tradingsoftwarelab.com/

You haven't mentioned your platform, computer, location, subscriptions, or any other pertinent data needed to answer this question optimally. However, this guy has been an IB/TWS API data source reference for many years.

4. it's possible to programmatically download option chains and delayed snapshots from cboe.com though it would be a violation of their TOS.

5. Thanks for the replies! I should have mentioned I'm with Interactive Brokers and use Win 8 btw. IB's TWS API looks like it should be what I'm using - has anyone here used it to d/l option chains data?

6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

May I ask what you want to do with the data?

7. Yes - to quickly identify options offering good premium for covered calls trades.

8. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

9. honeypie

honeypie

The NASDAQ website has the latest option quotes and chain sheets available for you to download. They also have options trading guides. You can enter up to 25 symbols to get the option chain for your favorite stock there.

#10     Apr 1, 2017