Option Assignment Fee is per contract ?

Discussion in 'Options' started by lugui, Jan 9, 2018.

1. lugui

lugui

I would like to add that when I see the statement ,I immediately write an email to Tradestation hotline and copy the email to corresponding account manager. At the same time, I write to another broker asking whether assignment fee is charged on per contract basis.

The account manger of Trade Station replied to me that I need to call up their trade desk. But I also get reply from the other broker and my follow up question is answered by their Senior Credit Risk Analyst on the same day.

Obviously, I can see the difference in the way how a customer is being handled based on the response from two different broker.

Lugui

#11     Jan 10, 2018
  2. magicz

magicz

If you trade options a lot an hold for assignment thats a terrible(high) assignment fees you can do better unless you’re in love with tradestation.

#12     Jan 10, 2018
    ET180 likes this.
  3. No broker should be charging for this

#13     Jan 10, 2018
    ET180 likes this.
  4. If you hold 1000 contracts or more that get assigned, that can be pricey...

I'm not sure they are a safe solution for option traders that run the risk of early assignment (which can easily happen if there is a 4% change 30 minutes to close on a Friday and you are not at your desk).

With IB, I have not noticed any commission charges with assignments.

#14     Feb 12, 2018
  5. prc117f

prc117f

?? When I get assigned I only pay the one time fee regardless of how many contracts. I use Etrade and TD Ameritrade and both only charge one fee. (I use 2 to stay under SIPC limits)

I have gotten early assignment and not charged any extra on TD or Etrade as well.

#15     Feb 12, 2018