Option Approval Levels

Discussion in 'Options' started by robbo, Feb 27, 2015.

1. robbo

robbo

My Current broker only allows me to trade covered calls, buy puts & calls and write covered puts. I have to tried to increase my option approval level so I can trade spreads but they have said I need more experience trading options. I am thinking about opening an account with another broker. If I exaggerate my option trading experience when opening the new account is there anyway they can check up or check with previous broker.

2. blakpacman

blakpacman

I think they just take your word.

3. drcha

drcha

I agree with blakpacman. It may be sort of like being an accredited investor: they ask you because they have to, but they are not obligated to check up on you. When I started trading, I received a lower level of privileges from the broker, but then immediately (the same day) went back to the My Account page, changed my experience level to a higher one, and immediately received a higher level of privileges.

4. Turveyd

Turveyd

Data Protections act, they can't share data :) *

* in the UK, no idea elsewhere.

I just sent my broker another experience form and they upped it aswell without an issue.

5. drcha

drcha

So this confirms they don't even share data with themselves :)

6. robbo

robbo

Thanks for the replies, has anyone ever had to show proof of there liquid assetts when opening a new account?

7. drcha

drcha

no