Optimus Futures (Great Brokerage Experience)

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by Boomer, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Boomer

Boomer

I have just recently opened up a new account at Optimus Futures and have had a great experience so far.

Here is my story:

I placed my first stock trade in 1996. Since then I have traded nearly everything under the sun...I had been trading options in my spare time over the last few years, but an opportunity presented itself for me to move to full-time trading. I knew I wanted to get back into the futures markets (6E, TF, YM, CL), so I began to research and hunt for the top futures brokerages. I had traded full time back in 2006-2007, and was with OpenECry. I knew the landscape had changed over the last 5 years, so I wanted to do a full evaluation on all the top brokers.

I was currently with ThinkOrSwim, for my options trading, but knew I needed to make a move.

After about 2 months of doing my due diligence and talking to a handful of brokerages, I decided to open an account with Matt at Optimus Futures. I can say that I made the right decision. The transition from my former broker was extremely smooth, and I was guided through each step of the process by Optimus. It was a quick transition, and I was back up and trading much sooner than I had thought.

One of my biggest concerns was the switch to using Ninja Trader. I had never used this platform, but wanted to integrate it into my trading. Before deciding on joining Optimus, Matt (the owner) told me he would personally walk me through any issues and answer any questions I had with the switch Ninja Trader. This was a huge statement for me...the owner was going to make sure I was comfortable and confident going forward.

Not only have Matt and I spoke on the phone a number of times over my first month, but he and Jennifer have made sure that everything has run smoothly with my transition.

I have also really liked the Rithmic data feed. It is very quick from others I have tried...

I am very pleased with Optimus and look forward to a great partnership with them.

2. RobertG

RobertG

Boomer, you said you use Rithmic as your feed. Do you use it with NinjaTrader or other platforms as well?