optimus futures broker

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by watchdaride, Apr 29, 2020.

1. looking to use optimus futures . Leaving ninjatrader . worst service and rude attitude has gone on long enough . What has any of you traders experience with them ?

MattZ likes this.
  2. Metamega

Metamega

Sure @MattZ will chime in but remember listening to this podcast when it first started.

https://chatwithtraders.com/ep-056-matt-zimberg/

Thought it’d be nice if I had the capital to swing trade futures. Seems like world of futures has a very competitive and rounded choice of boutique brokerages. Plus as a Canadian believe it’s trickier to get futures account it seems depending on province.

Matt and FuturesTrader71 seemed to offer some insight. Think ft71 is Stage 5 Trading or something similar.

MattZ likes this.
  3. I recommend you to https://lvmexchange.com/ work with them are effective with the great service they provide, attentive and very professional, they have all the relevant and legal documentation that is very important

4. I heard from others that some brokerage houses are simply overwhelmed while markets are extremely volatile…. There are some other great options out there. I trade with @Cannon_Trading and during these uncertain times, I have been able to phone there office and while I have my main broker, anyone I spoke with was very helpful and knew what they were talking about. The platform I use is free and easy. Worth checking out. I'm pretty sure they service Canadian clients too.

5. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

I appreciate the consideration. We have a dedicated team that would help you decide on the right clearing, technology, and execution.

We appreciate the consideration.

6. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

We can find the right FCM for any of the provinces.

7. old coot

old coot

I have an account with Optimus. They've done things like call me at 12:45 on a half-day to make sure I knew it was a half-day because I was in a position. I did, but it was extremely thoughtful, and they put themselves out with no gain for themselves in order to make sure a client was aware and covered. The head tech guy, Jake knows his stuff. Matt, the owner? (not sure) is a guy who will go out of his way to resolve an issue. The only problem I've ever had(last couple months) was with the FCM I was using had severe data delay and constant outages for a while there. I spoke to tech support at the FCM(Gain) and they acknowledged their problem. Optimus gave me a choice of other platforms and FCM's to choose from. I'd give them a top score.

I have had experiences with several brokerage firms over the past 40 years, starting with Edward Jones($1.00 per share, per side) and first went online with DATEK (9.99 per side) and dial-up in 1997.

patrickrooney and MattZ like this.
  8. MattZ

MattZ Sponsor

Thank you very much for your kind words above.
    There are many data options there and executions software. We would gladly move you to one that would better for your geographic location and computer configuration. Please consider our platform as well https://optimusfutures.com/OptimusFlow.php driven by Rithmic which is very fast to execute with.
    Otherwise, you can also go with other technologies that may fit, like TT, CQG, CTS, etc.