Optimum number of Monitors ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tradewise, Oct 6, 2005.

1. Nope. Sorry . Only three monitors doesn't qualify as a trader ....acoording to someboby out there :D

#41     Oct 6, 2005
  2. hcour

hcour Guest

Jesse Livermore never used monitors at all! You bunch of pussies...

H

#42     Oct 6, 2005
  3. do you trade without them ?? i doubt it.
    you are not or never will be a jessee livermore

#43     Oct 6, 2005
  4. i use 97 ..

i want 98 but it proved too much to watch

#44     Oct 6, 2005
  5. hcour

hcour Guest

Er...

You guys ever heard that Seinfeld routine when he talks about the kind of guy who just doesn't get irony or sarcasm? You know the kind of guy, you're in the gym, you've had a great workout, and you say something like "Man, I feel awesome. I bet I could take on Superman right now." And this guy looks at you like you're an idiot and sneers: "Oh, please. Superman would kick your ass." You know that kind of guy?

H

#45     Oct 6, 2005
  6. Actually, I find that I'd like to have more monitors so I can have bigger fonts.

I wouldn't mind a monitor for each ladder .... and maybe some gizmo that switches my keyboard automatically to the monitor/computer I am looking at.

I find myself frustrated at the tiny fonts on most GUIs. (Where the hell is that Close All Positions on Market button?)

#46     Oct 6, 2005
  7. yeah, let's go out and hire chalkboys and a chalkboard and trade like real men.

then we can compete on how many chalk boards we use!

#47     Oct 6, 2005
  8. I agree with this 100% - the number of monitors isnt the issue, its how you use them. Unfortunately I think it got lost in the pissing match.

#48     Oct 6, 2005
  9. Would you use white or colored chalk ? Is blue best or red yellow ... ? :D

#49     Oct 6, 2005
  10. jason_l

jason_l

I've got 2 whiteboards in addition to the monitors :) with FOUR diferent colors of markers!

#50     Oct 6, 2005