Optimum number of Monitors ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tradewise, Oct 6, 2005.

1. nitro

nitro

Well, we can resolve it easily. PM me and I will tell you what my firm is and you can tell me what your firm is. I will give you a contact at my firm and you will give me a contact at your firm, whom we will then authorize to exchange monthly statements.

Deal?

nitro

#21     Oct 6, 2005
  2. No, just that you can only really concentrate on 4 things at once and that in fact, more information clutter around you actually DEGRADES your ability to monitor information. Like I said, the best strategy IMHO is to automate the monitoring of things as much as possible - heck a bunch of trading platform solutions do much of this for you.

So, if you have 40 open positions in underlying and options that have any type of movement or volume then IMHO you had better have most of these being dealt with by an automated assistant or another trading assistant (a real person).

I simply would not believe anyone that claims they can watch all this in real time and optimize their actions managing it .... 16 monitors or not .....

#22     Oct 6, 2005
  3. Thanks but we aren't looking for business partners right now :D

#23     Oct 6, 2005
  4. nitro

nitro

You half know what you are talking about, but the other half is the one that counts.

nitro

#24     Oct 6, 2005
  5. nitro

nitro

That's what I thought. You don't trade.

nitro

#25     Oct 6, 2005
  6. Now I KNOW that you dont :)

#26     Oct 6, 2005
  7. I don't understand these recent threads (there's others) about the number of monitors a trader can or should use.

What's the difference between watching 7 different charts on ONE monitor in comparison to watching SEVEN monitors with each having a ONE different chart ???

If there really is no difference...

It should be obvious the issue has nothing to do with the number of monitors...

It has everything to do with the amount of information one is trying to process at a given time.

NihabaAshi

#27     Oct 6, 2005
  8. I'd say that you only half know about the half you think you know about... except the half you dont know about .... :eek:

#28     Oct 6, 2005
  9. nitro

nitro

I am the only one of the two that is willing to prove it though. You on the other hand hide behind pretending to know what you are talking about.

Suggest any way to prove that you trade, and I will take it.

nitro

#29     Oct 6, 2005
  10. :p

#30     Oct 6, 2005