Optimization Speed

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by clarodina, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Does Tradestation offers GA optimization? TS2000i seems to not perform speedy in optimization when optimization on > 300 combination. When complex formula is used, the speed is even lengthy. Does tradestation improve on this compare to ts2000i?

2. no, GA optimization IMHO is a very fast way to end up w/ a curved fit result

3. That's because you set your optimization wiht a curve-fit vulnerable fitness.

4. MGJ

MGJ

I'm pleased with the speed of Trading Blox software when running parameter sweeps (also known as optimization). It's fast enough to do multivariable sweeps at fine granularity, letting you get a detailed picture of system robustness.

Here is an example of a fine granularity two-parameter sweep that I ran using Blox. Notice that there are about five peaks in the response surface; when I run sweeps, I prefer to look at the whole picture. Pruned searches (like GA et al) just give you the coordinates of the one peak found; I like to get more of a lay-of-the-land global perspective. Besides knowing where the peak is, I like to know the nearby topography.

Naturally the software will let you sweep as many parameters as you like, but us darned humans and our darned 3D visual system, have a hard time visualizing more than a 3D plot (2 parameters + 1 result).

[​IMG]

5. Tums

Tums