OptimalTrader

Discussion in 'Options' started by exodia, Sep 25, 2005.

1. exodia

exodia

Hi there,
    I'm new to this forum. I'm starting a career in Options trading. Would appreciate some feedback from options traders about OptimalTrader.
    Thanks in advance,
    Exodia

2. Program does not allow automatic download of (realtime) data from CBOE.

Cost is about $350 min.

The repair wizards are good in theory but ultimately you will find that trading the options market(s) requires experience that can't be found in a program.

Not a bad program if you have a way to solve the data problem.

Good luck
    Steve

3. exodia

exodia

Thanks for your reply Steve.

I have downloaded the trial version so I will get the chance to evaluate it soon. I will probably look 3 or four software programs b4 deciding.

Any suggestions ?

cheers,
    Exodia

4. flyers&divers

flyers&divers Guest

Hoadley, OptionStar

5. B5476

B5476

Option Vue 5. It is expensive but very well supported and very reliable. I have been trading options actively for about 7 years and recommend it highly. I have no relationship with them other than using their software.

6. Hello:

For retail traders, Option Vue is nice. It is expensive, but the support is good, and I think it is worth it IF you intend to continue to learn as you go along.

I have used Peter Hoadley's software and I thought it was quite good. It does not have all the features that OptionVue has. It is significantly cheaper however.

You may want to look at the offerings over at Larry McMillan's website as well.

Good luck,
    Steve