opt. trading folks, has any of you guys created will or rev. trust or similar for beneficiary?

Discussion in 'Options' started by ggelitetrader000, Nov 15, 2018.

1. I have been trading quite successfully last few years not smashing but relatively well. Why did I put here in regards to will or rev. trust? Since the cash and option holding I have grown somewhat respectable amount, I wanted to create a will for my daughter who is 5 now. I am totally ignorant about this but little research shows revocable trust is best except for one thing: once trust is created, one has to transfer the assets into that. But I wanna keep trading all or most of the funds I hold. That is biggest single deal breaker that I back away from revocable trust.

Will seems to be less desirable because it requires to name a guardian, well, this is not relevant but just saying why will is not desirable for me: I am not in good terms with her mom, separated and she is not well with money: extravagant, spends way beyond her means and it has been constant source of struggle so since will requires to name a guardian who distributes, I can't really depend on her.

Irrevocable trust when studied, not really a suitable option.

So I was looking to see any of you run into similar situation or any other inheritance vehicle I could possibly use?

Here is the requirement I am seeking:
    - Inheritance vehicle I can keep using (well investing in options) its fund after created.
    - If I die, any holding can be liquidated by some trusted executor and distributed or held (I will explain held in next item). Now I understand there is a big IF in this case, which is option being highly volatile and no guarantee of certain price or amount at the time of liquidation.
    - Starts distributing fractional amount not lump sum, when she reaches 18 years old and starts enrolling in college. That is because when she needs $$ most and I expect college education to be most expensive when she is grown up.
    - Having studied blockchain and cryptocurrency basic few years, I even thought about smart digital contract that can only unlock its fund after certain date and time and do it periodically but problem is I am missing still technical skill especially in the area of "cryptocurrency digital smart contract" and cryptocurrency market has crashed. I dont even know crypto will exist when she is 18, or something better has replaced it.

Any thoughts? Thanks., !!