Opportunity Knocks- FLEX

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Jul 29, 2007.

1. I was considering penning a piece a while back on
    " Ultimate Bad Stocks " stocks that just can't get out of their own way not just quarter over quarter but year after dreaded year. The hook was going to be they had to be at the core good companies. One of my headliners was FLEX so I always read with interest their earnings report. This last qtr was a good one.

Net income rose 26% to $107 million, or 17 cents a share, from $85 million, or 14 cents a share, during the same quarter last year.

Excluding restructuring charges and stock option expenses, adjusted earnings rose 22% to 22 cents a share, or $134 million, beating analysts' consensus estimate by a penny.

Sales rose 27% to $5.16 billion, comfortably above analysts' average forecast of $4.9 billion.

Looking forward, Flextronics forecast second-quarter earnings in the range of 22 cents to 24 cents on an adjusted basis, in line with analysts' average estimate of 23 cents.

The company expects revenue to rise 10% to 20% to $5.3 billion to $5.6 billion, above estimates.

Chief Financial Officer Thomas Smach said the company expects its pending acquisition of Solectron to yield $200 million in annual cost savings within 12 to 18 months, a shorter timeframe than expected. The deal has cleared antitrust hurdles, but the companies are awaiting other regulatory approvals.

Shares surged 44 cents, or 4%, to $11.60 in recent after-hours trading. On Friday it gave back to $11.20 or so sitting on it's 50 day after good news. This is a good trade set up to test the market. Very hard to get hurt here, it's already retraced!>the European anti trust decision is out there but it's a clean merger in my estimation. And common Solectron & Flex that's somepowerful sh*it I don't care what the chart says. Worth considering at least... ~ stoney