Opportunity Knocks- ENER

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by stonedinvestor, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Here is the conference call

(ENER) Energy Conversion Conference Call Summary -- The co says their Greenville 1a facility is one month ahead of schedule, as efficiency has improved. The co says the machines in the Greenville facility are "modified clones" from the Auburn Hills facility, which is allowing a quicker ramp up time. The co expects to have 148 megawatt capacity by FYE08, 178 megawatts by CYE08, and at least 300 megawatts by the end of 2010. By 2012, the co sees its cost/watt to be approx $1.10. The co also believes they are on track to achieve profitability by June '08, as the co is planning more aggressive restructuring plans. Additionally, the expects more cost reductions on materials since the co is planning on outsourcing to other sheet metal suppliers. In terms of ASPs, the co said they held very strong in the qtr, and actually increased a little. Going forward, the co sees ASP's decreases by approx 3% due to the co dropping its framed product line, which had higher ASP's but lower gross margins. The co still has some inventory in this line, but says it is not a significant amount and they are not concerned about it. The co's says they have seen some changes in customer mix, and that they have very good traction with a couple roofing companies, and they expect that to continue. Geographically, the co sees Italy, Germany, and the US as its key markets. The co also believes they have a signifcant opportunity to be a provider for utilities rooftops.

Up $5 today. paj are you loving the stonedinvestor?

#11     Nov 8, 2007
  2. paj

paj

I am... and I needed this to offset the CSCO stock I bought just before earnings. :mad:

And thank god for QID today!!!

#12     Nov 8, 2007
  3. Tuke

Tuke

I'm not even in this thing and I love ya stoney! If I'm not mistaken yer the one that told everyone on the board to start gobbling up FSLR and it's been a monster.

Listen people.....stoney doesn't talk a whole lot but when he does.....especially about energy stocks which appear to be his forte.....you ALL need to listen. The guys good.

OK stoney....I'm looking for an entry point to grab some calls.

#13     Nov 9, 2007
  4. Hope you grabbed those calls baby!

It was only a matter of time. I kept telling everyone who would listen eventually the story would get out, eventually people would come to realize this is not a battery play this is a solar play !!!!!!

Well today apparently someone on CNBC let the cat out of the bag. Good. Finally now we can make our move.
    We are the only damn solar stock not to double I want $44 my X-mas nothing less. ~ stoney

#14     Dec 12, 2007
  5. Picking up a little traction here...

ENER surges again & sets 4 month highs, now +$3.43!

#15     Dec 12, 2007
  6. wtf just happened???

2 dollar jump???

#16     Dec 12, 2007
  7. Energy Conversion sees 2 pt vertical move to $32.20 after CNBC guest highlights stock as his top Solar play -- Next Generation analyst on CNBC highlights reasons ENER is his top pick including:

They have the lowest multiple in the whole solar sector; They have a new CEO driving costs out of the co; They have a new thin film product, which is gaining traction in multiple markets.

Oh BABY TOP PICK ditto stoney it's on my TOP @))* Picks list too!!

#17     Dec 12, 2007
  8. $27 to $35..... and what do we do now?

Anybody in with me selling today? Might be crazy to do so.... then again nothing lasts forever.

signed.
    ~ confused

#18     Dec 14, 2007
  9. Baby it's a new week and I'm newly enthused. sure I let my CSIQ go on for $10 and last week sold EMKR too early and left a good amount on the table... but i still have two.... STP & ENER....

Today we must focus good jade pendent energy on ENER Energy Conversion for those of you not in the know... Just got a feeling we might have some fun today. ~ stoney

#19     Dec 17, 2007
  10. Damn this stock it's like pulling a rubber band it always snaps back... but when will it just shoot off into space? Those of you playing along at home know it's been paddle ball time up here it's rapid fire distribution when that ends... Balloon Time, I'm thinking loftier and loftier with this name the more it consolidates in scary fashion shaking out week hands. My hands are strong like a vice I did hand exercises today at the gym! We WILL HAVE OUR DAY IN THE SUN , solar fans.. We have the story to tell and the new CEO who wall street loves..> ENER breaks out & runs to test the early spike high at 34... I'd say $35.30 might be the last print you see before $39.00 for XMas.

~stoney
    Giving Even When The Getting Is Tough! (tm)

#20     Dec 20, 2007