Opportunity @ Gelber Group

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Hernanavella, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Hi, I just got an offer to be part of the Gelber Group (Chicago, IL) internship program (4-5 weeks, 2 wks live trading). I wonder if any of you know something about it in terms of quality, chances of being hired, the company itself, growing opportunities, etc.

Thanks

2. as prop trader ?

3. Yes.

4. do you get paid during the internship program...do you need a deposit?

5. No deposit, I get a weekly stipend

6. This is correct. Gelber is a good firm, Brian Gelber was featured on Market Wizards (I have never read the book, but a lot of ETers seem to put a lot of importance in it). Brian is actually fairly accessible at Gelber Group, from what I know. They hire a lot of young interns, give them sometime for trial, then trade 1 lots with a fairly tight daily loss limit. If you trade 1 lots well, then up to 2, then up to 5, etc.

The chances of survival is not bad, but not great either. The key point is to develop your own strategy that can make profit consistently.

7. its a fantastic firm - take it and run with it

8. Excellent firm, knew/know quite a few people in there. You'll do well, if you create a plan and execute it. Don't be afraid to ask questions either (LOTS OF THEM) when coming up with your plan. Watch everything.

Be the first person in, last person to leave and soak it all in like a sponge.

-cbk

9. wow,

How does one get an offer? Could other people share?.. that work there?

I am not interested for myself, but I know some of you shy ones are afraid to ask...

Remember, every forum needs an ElectricSavant, send your money and free t-shirts :)
    ElectricSavant