Opportunity cost

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Aquarians, Jan 30, 2018.

1. %%
    Good points i used to cut lawns when younger- its still good exercise to cut mine.Find some thing that you enjoy, for 12 hours .Options are a good start in the sense they work your brain; but i like dividends, on some of my stocks or growth thru sideways/slop chop........ I felt like a slave working for someone else;much better to slave [work well/work much]in a small capital co. Wall Street calls one billion or less small cap.BUT whatever the cap i did not do that well working for some one else.LOL:cool: Save your money+ learn about elephants, they use them for logging in Asia + we follow elephant tracks in US cash stock/ETF markets.

#11     Jan 31, 2018
  2. European Union, Eastern Europe country, so neither first nor third but in the middle. By income I'm in the 75% bracket for a software dev in London and 90% in the UK so opportunities for *easily* finding something that pays more are non-existent.

Everyone compares developer salaries with New York and Palo Alto but if you look there, the *median* is way above 90% in London, which is the only place in Europe that stands somehow to these two. So you don't really have to be exceptional to make the median, but you have to live there.

But since there's a whole World outside these two places and not just a barren desert, making their median in another place requires not just exceptional skill and the right connections but mostly a ton of luck.

#12     Feb 1, 2018
    ironchef and tommcginnis like this.
  3. ironchef

ironchef

Thank you for sharing. Hope you will find a solution for your challenges.

Regards,

#13     Feb 2, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.
  4. Roderick

Roderick

The job must be bring pleasure, at least good profit. If it doesn't, then you should think of whether you really need it.

#14     Feb 4, 2018
    murray t turtle likes this.