Opinions please

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by marketsurfer, May 13, 2017.

1. Zodiac4u

Zodiac4u

Just multiplying your body weight by .5 is enough daily protein for an average man. You don't need to pound down protein fillers to suppress your hunger. one needs to remember that the body communicates by way of hunger pains and not by the desire to be full. Eating balanced nutrient rich foods is the only way to curb hunger. No need to go cold turkey, just a gradual decrease in calories will help reduce the amount psychological impact on yourself.

#21     May 17, 2017
  2. There is a great deal of info on the web about health, diet, etc. Here's my two cents. Dr. Greger authors www.nutritionfacts.org . He reads every scientific medical study published in English and summarizes them in 5-minute videos. I have seen several hundred such videos. To qualify to be on his site, the study must be large-scale, placebo-controlled, peer-reviewed, double-blind, and in English. In other words, it's scientifically valid. To date, here's what the science says:

1. No meat or animal products. No meat, no cheese, no ice cream, no yogurt, nothing from animals. Honey is OK. It's from an insect, not an animal.
    2. ALL plant-based products are good for you. The more variety, the better. Potatoes, grains, green veggies, peppers, fruits, nuts, seeds, nuts, etc.
    3. No processed food. NONE. If it is packaged in cardboard or cellophane, it's probably not on your menu.
    4. Drink only water or green tea. No juices, no sodas, no coffee, no lattes.
    5. No free oils. The veggies that contain oils are fine, but not the oil separated from veggies.

If you stick to this, you can eat as much as you want, and you cannot gain weight. It is also recommended you get at least a little exercise every day. Going for a walk about 30-40 minutes each day should do it, although if you want to be healthier, you can go further or do a little weight lifting.

Another good site is www.drmcdougall.com

#22     May 20, 2017
    yabz likes this.
  3. I certainly agree with that. Even though some say coffee has some good qualities; regardless, caffeine is a highly addictive drug.
    What about whole-wheat pasta? Would Greger consider that a "processed food," or just an acceptable grain? And is bread a processed food?

#23     May 20, 2017
  4. yabz

yabz

It is better to eat whole grains such as rice rather than bread or pasta, but the main thing is to avoid all animal products.

#24     May 21, 2017
  5. volpri

volpri

Don't know about the paleo diet. The diet that works at least for me is called ALWAYS HUNGRY. It cost abit to get started with the spices..etc and making the sauces to cook with but that is what kills the hunger pains. It is the only diet i have ever done where I don't go around feeling hungry. This diet combined with walking and the pounds will drop. Not real fast but steady. Check it out.

https://books.google.com/books/about/Always_Hungry.html?id=gksojwEACAAJ

#25     May 21, 2017
  6. That sounds like a great diet if you want to be skin and bones like a long distance marathon runner.

No thanks.

#26     May 21, 2017
  7. maxpi

maxpi

It is truly easy to do some isometrics throughout the day. I grind my coffee beans by hand so while I'm spinning the crank I hit a Karate wide straddle stance complete with the tucked hips and tightening of all the leg muscles. It takes a couple of minutes to grind. I recall when i started that I was breathless and had muscle burn at the end, now after a year I barely feel it. Static pushups are easy to do a few times a day. Just find a comfortable angle for your shoulders be it on the floor or on a chair and you won't get injuries... Neck isometrics will build that smooth muscle so big and so fast that you won't have a neck after awhile... stomach tightening while at the computer is easy...

Anybody that can walk is capable of doing exercise and staying in shape and being prepared like the Boy Scout manual advises... I knew an obnoxious fatfuck guy that laughed about "not being physical, never was, never will be". He was yelling out of his room once that he couldn't get himself out of the tub. I just felt like "and this is my problem somehow?"

#27     May 21, 2017