Opinions please?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by phillipmarlow, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Art broker is not a career I have ever thought about, but that sounds like a great idea.

#11     Jun 16, 2009
  2. Unfortunately few high-net worth guys, if any, belong to any public forum.... let alone ET.

Don't stress about your educational background. As long as you have a B.A. it is good. I went to a liberal arts school and 75% of the graduates, regardless of whether they studied art, music or psychology, are in finance today. One of my best friends majored in history and he is a bond trader on Wall Street now.

Since you are 27, I would seriously consider the CFA (just Level I would do). It won't make you a good trader, but it will make you knowledgeable about the financial markets. But it is about a $1,000 and a one year commitment... you need to study your a$$ off. You have a better chance getting into any market related position with that Level I certification. Otherwise, continue studying about the market and apply for clerical/entry-level positions for any firm. Don't worry about the pay, the experience is more relevant.

#12     Jun 17, 2009

3. I have no idea why my grammar is so terrible lately.

I meant 'there' and not 'their,' obviously.

#13     Jun 17, 2009