Opinions on Briefing.com

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by JangoFolly, May 26, 2005.

1. I use Briefing.com's platinum service for real time news. I would appreciate some feedback on how this service compares to some of the more expensive services such as Reuter's, etc. with respect to being timely and thorough in reporting.

Thank you.

Regards,

2. Truff

Truff

For the $, i found briefing to be very good

3. I use the platinum service too, and used to use reuters. Briefing is actually much <b>better</b> than reuters despite the lower price. Reason: Reuters news is way too cluttered with news items no trader cares about, while briefing is great at getting to the point.

4. reg

reg

How does briefing.com compare to flyonthewall? Does one relay stock news faster than the other?

5. Briefing covers more news on stocks that matter while FOTW is cluttered with any and all sorts of down/up-grades and news pending of each and every stock imaginable.

I found one is faster with something, and sometimes the other is faster with something. The edge goes to FOTW for posting critical earnings announcements.

Just a personal opinion.

6. Mr Guest

Mr Guest

The main benefit of Briefing.com is that they subscribe to all the news services and regurgitate the juicy stuff. This saves you time and money. However, don't expect to get the story first. It works great as a supplement to a real news source like DowJones or Reuters.

7. reg

reg

Ripley and Mr. Guest,

Thanks for your replies. I'll sign up for Briefing's free trial and compare.

8. WinSum

WinSum

I'm curious on how one would use Briefing.com to make money ?

For example, if you enter trades based on Briefing.com's upgrade/downgrade news, wouldn't it be too late ?

The price of the stock would've already moved before the you received the upgrade/downgrade notice. There would be no edge provided by Briefing.com's service.

:confused:

9. reg

reg

I don't use Briefing.com as my basis to enter trades. I use it more as a confirmation tool.

10. Bob111

Bob111

i compared briefing platinum and fly about year ago on upgrades\downgrades briefing way way slower than fly. delays can be as much as 2-3 hours after fly come up with news.

#10     May 26, 2005