OpenTick Out of Business ?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by rivercode, Sep 10, 2008.

1. I know this is a longshot but I am trying to get some last minute historical data too and the instructions aren't on their website. I have an old string to get es data that I am trying to modify to get treasury futures and I can't guess at the syntax, can anybody help me out?

I think the problem is that exchange code I have is /em, probably for the for globex, and the treasuries trades on ecbot. Does anybody have that exchange code? Also, I am using the symbol code znm9 for june 09 ten year futures, is that right?

Thanks!

#31     Mar 19, 2009
  2. tubbs

tubbs

Syntax in HistCSV

histcsv ES21.csv feed1.opentick.com 10010 username password /e EC /s #ZM 08/21/2007 14:30 08/21/2007 22:00 /tm /o MINUTELY 1

the #zm is the continuous contract

regards

#32     Mar 19, 2009
  3. Thanks much Tubbs. I couldn't get it to work though - it seems to download and doesn't give an error but I have an empty file. I re-ran my es download script so I know the server is still working.

If you have time could you check again? I tried your string exactly (with the user/pw fixed of course) , played with the dates, and tried putting a slash in front of #ZM to match my es syntax - no luck. I am guessing the # is literally a # symbol, right?

#33     Mar 19, 2009
  4. Dumb question, but you're subscribed to ES (Globex) data, right?

#34     Mar 20, 2009
  5. No, I just signed up for the free historical data account.

#35     Mar 20, 2009
  6. Obey the Daleks! You will be exterminated!!!

#36     Mar 21, 2009
  7. I guess its too late, now the 10-yr market doesn't get to take my money.

#37     Mar 22, 2009
  8. FYI,

probably all Opentick accounts are inaccessible as of now; they have shut it down.

Interesting is, they seem to keep the servers running and have marked the accounts as "inactive", but still existing.

I'm really curious to see whether the "new company" approach is just a way to charge fees - with no real other changes.

#38     Apr 12, 2009
  9. andread

andread

I think they are pretty clear about what they want to do:

However, this isn't goodbye. In fact, it's a new beginning. We will be introducing a fresh service with all the bells and whistles we've been slaving on over the course of the last year under a new name, a new website and a new level of service. Check back here in the near future for more information about the forthcoming new company and service. Of course amongst all these changes, there are some things that will remain the same - we still aim to provide a reliable free market data service, with an open architecture for a wide range of software platform support.

#39     Apr 13, 2009
  10. Sorry, I don't buy much of this writing.

#40     Apr 13, 2009