OpenTick Out of Business ?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by rivercode, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Hittfeld

Hittfeld

How do you know?

Regards

Hittfeld

#11     Sep 12, 2008
  2. Davdse

Davdse

Opentick is testing ground for Xasax.com.

#12     Sep 12, 2008
  3. Baywolf

Baywolf

If this is true, it makes complete sense.

#13     Sep 12, 2008
  4. Anyone that has an acct with them, I'm willing to do some free development work - cannot sign up a new acct, and want to do some apps that use their quotes.

#14     Sep 12, 2008
  5. jcb

jcb

Hello All,

This is Joshua over at Opentick. No, we're not going out of business. We had a server outtage at the time of the initial post though, so that is the reason the site was down for a few hours.

We simply just aren't ready yet to bring on new subscribers yet. This transition from our consolidated feed provider to using direct feeds has been a rough one for us, but we are continuing to make progress and hope to have a great system ready to unleash to the public soon.

#15     Sep 15, 2008
  6. chvid

chvid

Changing the url from feed2.opentick.com to feed1.opentick.com seemed to bring opentick back to business.

#16     Sep 15, 2008
  7. ^^

gone now

#17     Nov 22, 2008
  8. Damn, they just billed me for my $2.00 this morning. But their hostname can't be resolved any more!

Hopefully it's just a DNS glitch.

#18     Nov 22, 2008
  9. Doubt it. Xasax DNS servers are up and Xasax feed servers are resolved correctly.

Moreover, you cannot ping the OT feed servers IPs. They are all down.

Think it's over.

#19     Nov 22, 2008
  10. If they've been doing major work behind the scenes, and still are, disabling their DNS offline from time to time is gonna happen.

Making a causal connection between DNS resolutions and business continuity is silly IMO.

#20     Nov 22, 2008