OpenQuant - QuantDeveloper?

Discussion in 'Automated Trading' started by Batman28, Mar 17, 2007.

1. there was a quant studio/developer and now there is Openquant?

can someone tell me what the differences are?

thanks

2. From www.smartquant.com :

SmartQuant is a financial software company developing a programming framework for quantitative strategies trading and automation.

Quant Developer suite of institutional products has been recently acquired by Quant House, the leading provider of end-to-end program trading solutions to help financial institutions to trade ahead. As a financial institution, should you be interested to learn more on this leading edge technology, please read the Press Release and visit www.quanthouse.com for further information.

The new mission statement of SmartQuant is to focus on the retail market in order to provide individual traders with an industrial strength strategy development, debugging, back testing and automation platform that helps individual traders to “trade like a hedge fund”.

OpenQuant is an Automated Trading System (ATS) development application for the retail market and is the new SmartQuant flagship product.

3. that didn't answer my question, niether the conversations in the other thread.. i want to know specifically if there is any tools/add-ons in quantstudio/developer that is missing in open-quant. whats been stripped out if any?

what extra features are there in the inst. version full package?

is QuantDeveloper still avialable to buy for individuals like me?

thanks