Opening Range Breakout, for Futures and Equities

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Murray Ruggiero, Sep 1, 2005.

1. If you are interested the sofware I use had completely automated finding opening range breakouts for stocks and futures.

http://www.trade-ideas.com/Help.html#ORU1

#41     Sep 6, 2005
  2. Bsulli

Bsulli

Murray, the first zip file(crabelsheets.zip) doesn't open for me. Get an error but the second posted zip file opens just fine. Did you use a different zip program for the first one by any chance?

Thanks in advance.

Bsulli

#42     Sep 6, 2005
  3. It looks like you can't provide any real trades examples . Some trader you are .

#43     Sep 7, 2005
  4. gm120

gm120

It is possible to use daily bars AND use buy and sell stops without knowing which one is hit first AND have your simulation match exactly the real life. Here's how it can be done:

In real life, if you are flat, place your buy and sell orders with your broker. On days on which both levels are triggered, you will end the day flat: if your buy order is filled first, then your long position will be closed when your sell order is filled and vice versa. Either way, you will be flat at the end of the day.

To make your testing platform simulate this correctly, add a rule saying that if both long and short positions are open at the end of the day, close them both on the next open. While technically speaking, this is a bit different from what you do in real life, the end result is the same: the simulated performance of your system should match exactly your real-life trading results.

#44     Sep 7, 2005
  5. #45     Sep 7, 2005
  6. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I hope some of you have enjoyed both parts of the video. It is also available for purchase for 19.95, there is an additional 60 minutes we have not included on the site. In addition since I require registration to watch part 2, I will answer some question but not discuss the video in detail. If you register on TradersStudio.com , we can use that site's forums to discuss the video. I know some of you are concern about your personal information. We don't resell the list and we respect it. We don't mail to it daily, we use it to keep you updated with information about the product,our special offers and free tutorial we have made available. Our privacy statement link is below.

http://www.tradersstudio.com/Default.aspx?tabid=128&def=Privacy

#46     Sep 8, 2005
  7. Your doing fine in this Forum? You are not pulling all my friends to your Forum are you? Wouldn't you rather discuss ORB here in ET or is this just a sales tool...I know, I know your a sponsor...

But...

I find your commentary here in ET refreshing and hope you don't leave....Thanks for the work you do in Futures Mag also...

Can't you discuss your videos and the Orb strategy for ALL of us to learn from, whether we have the videos or your studio? or not?

Sorry I don't mean to be a detractor or a flamer..please do not take it that way. I am just a guest here and I do not speak for ET or the other guests here. I personally was hoping you would post charts and have a meaningful discussion of the ORB strategy, which if you would stop selling and open up discussion, it would benefit not only you, but the rest of us. You would achieve much more respect, thus sales, IMO.

Why don't you start an ET ORB strategy using your tools and start a live Journal here?... Just an idea.

Michael B.

#47     Sep 8, 2005
  8. Murray Ruggiero

Murray Ruggiero Sponsor

I understand your point. The first two parts of the video are free. I only require a registration for part 2. I need to give you some reason to register. I will discuss Opening range breakout in more detail and send up more info.

I did upload the spreadsheets the other day. In addition if you look at the elliott wave thread I had several discussions including how to count waves, which I had nothing to sell.

Let's use my articles on Opening range breakout in Futures Magazine as a starting point for questions in the forum. I do have material in the video which was not covered in the articles, but that give us a lot to work with.

#48     Sep 8, 2005
  9. Could you post it's link? I somehow missed it, I looked under the trading forum(whats its name?)...Thanks.

In addition if you look at the elliott wave thread I had several discussions including how to count waves, which I had nothing to sell.

#49     Sep 8, 2005