Opening Only's 2010

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Don Bright, Jan 5, 2010.

1. 3 fills, +38 cents. PG "goood"LOL Have a great weekend.

Don

#31     Feb 5, 2010
  2. Monday, up 32 cents...today up only 7 cents net.

Don

#32     Feb 9, 2010
  3. boba15

boba15

Don, once you mentioned, than after getting a fill you have a +12 cents take profit order sent automatically (this part is clear), and you also start "tape reading".

My question is: if one is good in "tape reading", why just not use "tape reading" in ordinary trading, outside of context of opening orders? Or you have a special tape reading technique, which is only applicable to the very moment of opening?

My apologies, if you have already answered this in the last 8 years of opening strategy journal ;)

Thanks anyway.

ps. Don, posting symbols that were filled and envelope, is this possible?

#33     Feb 9, 2010
  4. I have to be a bit careful about posting too much info, not that I care, it's just that regulators might mis-interpret as leading others into specific stocks or something.

The opening strategy gets you "in" with a definable edge, that's sometimes the hardest part intraday. I take a small amount for half my shares, then watch and listen to the market for the other half...seems to work well...

All the best,

Don

#34     Feb 9, 2010
  5. I have been doing opens since 2001. I will try to post my results here. Today was not too shabby. For the account that I post here I trade only 100 shares size and am fully automated in my entry and my exit.

#35     Feb 11, 2010
  6. forgot to attach the correct file type LOL.

#36     Feb 11, 2010
  7. Guess was a bit too long on this open. I don't really like when there are big movements in the ES right before the open....

#37     Feb 12, 2010
  8. EMZ

EMZ

Tough open.
    2 longs 2 losses -0.14/sh avg
    ofc they came in by 10 am, passed holding time though

#38     Feb 12, 2010
  9. 2 small winners DD and AVP + 11 cents. .1 buy envelope only, no sells of course.

Don

#39     Feb 12, 2010
  10. Zero envelope, 3 fills, all winners + 14 cents.

Don

#40     Feb 16, 2010