Opening my own company

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by kvazer, Oct 19, 2011.

1. kvazer

kvazer

Hello,

My friend and I are thinking about opening our own trading company in the U.S.

For the first time it will be proprietary trading, but in future the company will be probably manage money of other investors.

My questions are:
    1. What is the minumum capital requirement?
    2. What licences/certificates are needed?
    3. Are there any real-trading experience requirements on the U.S.?
    4. How long does it take to register a company?

Any info and links will be very appreciated.

P.S. Interested markets are NYSE/NASDAQ and CME, CBOT, NYMEX.

Sorry for the off topic.

2. If you run your company like like you're running your business research... I'd be scared for the traders who join you.

Instead of farming out business registration, capital requirements, regulation and licensing info from an online forum (because we are all business owners, lawyers, and professionals here) why don't you contact the proper and respective authorities and a corporate lawyer yourself and get answers you can depend on. . .

...I mean, seriously, would you ever answer a question about your company to the press or prospective clients like this: "we did blah and thought we were right because that's what an online forum told us to do."

3. Oh, and you're in the wrong bloody forum... this is retail, we have a section for prop firms.

4. kvazer

kvazer

thanks for your reply.

We would definitely contact the proper and respective authorities, but for the right now i just wanted to get basic information, such as my questions.

That's all.

Thx