Opening Auction and IB

Discussion in 'Order Execution' started by calcetines2, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Can you give an example? What order type are you using, with what parameters? And what is the name/conid of the financial instrument?

#11     Aug 7, 2019
  2. For example ORA (SBF CFD, Orange). I use LMT price and GTC. For profit and stop also GTC. But the same if I select MKT instead of LMT. The order is cancelled.

If I use ORA SBF - Stocks there is no problem with OPG and MKT/MKL. Problem here is that it cannot be simulated in a paper trading account.

I have found that there are some differences with the data in demo/paper trading accounts. Demo use simulated data, and paper trading use real data, so probably that's the reason because I was able to send my orders in the demo account but that's not possible any more in the paper trading account

#12     Aug 7, 2019
  3. d08

d08

Most likely they nowadays don't allow auction orders for CFDs. I had issues with missed executions as there was no counterparty according to IB. Was compensated a few times for it. I figure they disallowed it completely to prevent further cases.

#13     Aug 13, 2019
  4. I realize this is an old thread- before calling IB, is there a MOO options for ARCA or BATS listed symbols? I have been unable to find such an option?

#14     Jan 23, 2020