opening an account - broker choice (speed, commish, platform)

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by nzfaria1, May 5, 2009.

1. nzfaria1

nzfaria1

Hey guys,

I'm going to open futures account to trade ES and since I'm new to futures I have a few questions:
    1) I will be trading online and I was looking for the fastest execution. What is a reasonable execution time trading futures online? I deal with high frequency traders and for them it is in the milliseconds...
    2) Any opinions on Infinity versus GlobalFutures vs Mirus? I'm looking for $500 intraday margin, ~$4RT commish, free platform, $5k minimum deposit. I hear good things about Interactive Brokers, but margins are high?!
    3) Given the ES liquidity, is it common to get bad fills?

Thanks and good luck trading to all.

2. 1: you know, a lot depends WHERE YOU ARE. From where I am, the US is aboug 60ms away from my servers, and 80 from home. I do not really care about loosing 1-2ms in execution ;) if you arein the US, on DSL, you probably have (unless living in chicago) around 30ms to 40ms just wire ping time ;) DSL needs time, signal travel needs time.

2: I go now with Mirus. Ninja (the platform) is not my liking, but I may just write one myself (actually starting planning - happens I looked for a software project anyway).

3: Remember comissions in futures are limited and set by the exchange. No broker can go below ;)